Chapter 2 Playing Gigs When We Can

Hi Internet and its users!

I don’t usually update on here so I’m sorry. Its hard enough to keep the version on Fanfiction.net. I am captain rose 11 on there. Thank you all so much for reading I love reviews and comments.

Thanks,

Rose >_<

 I do not own Grojband.

Chapter 2 Playing Gigs When We Can

The day of a gig can be very stressful. You have to pack everything in the car, make sure your set list is in order, pick out performance costumes, drive to the venue, set up, do sound check and then once all that is finished they wait to go on, face to face with their fears and worries about performing. That’s what every band deals with, but most bands have lyrics before the day of their show. Grojband NEVER did. It drove Laney crazy. She loved Corey, she really did. He was her best friend and secret crush after all. Thing was Corey always flew by the seat of his pants. Laney original thought he would grow out of it after a few years, but four years later he was as irresponsible ever. It was the same thing with Kin and Kon. This sad fact often left Laney to deal with the hard stuff.

            Right now the kings of laziness were playing ping pong while Laney checked the set list and Laney labeled clothes and Laney called the planner who booked them to check the gig details for the wedding. Finally she tried picking up one of the large amps to load in the back of Mrs. Kujira’s van. Now Laney had filled out in the past few years, to the point that she was never mistaken for a “a dude that’s gonna wear a dress”.  Unfortunately she had not filled out in any sort of muscle, so lifting the heavy amps was much more of a challenge than she could handle

“YOU GUYS!! Come help me with this! I’ve been working all day while you guys have been sitting on your asses!” Corey immediately hopped up to help her in his usual energetic fashion. Kin and Kon followed shortly after.

“Sorry Laney. Let me help ya with that.” Corey said taking one end of the amp Laney was struggling with.

The twins began moving Kon’s drum kit into the car as well. “I am so stoked for this gigs dudes!” Kon yelled.

“Not a dude!” Laney shouted somewhat pessimistically as her sometimes simple minded band mates hooted and hollered and carried on.

“Come on Lanes! We gotta get pumped! This gig is gonna rock!” Corey shouted excitedly.

“Am I the only one who’s concerned about our apparent lack of lyrics? This gig won’t rock if we’re playing incomplete songs. Plus you wouldn’t be to excited if the person who caused you to spend two hours washing pink paint out of your hair was going to be at your gig and waiting to do something even worse to you.” Laney countered. Honestly sometimes she wondered if she was the only logical one in this band. As much she loved Corey and his crazy ideas sometimes those ideas just were terrible in reality.

Corey smirked. “Laney, Laney. Ye of little faith. When have I ever let you down?”

“You’ve never let me down, Core. But you’ve come dangerously close more than I care to count.” Laney said crossing her arms across her chest.