The Beard

August 6, 2013

AN: Ello! I'm back!

.....

Please, don't get too excited.

Anyways, sorry if this chapter is crap. But I wanted to post another one. I have a few little chapters sort of planned out, so here's another one, I guess...

By the way, this isn't so much Larry or the other boys, but more on the Eleanor situation. Please note that I am not trying to offend Eleanor in any way! I actually happen to like like her.

And, just a little warning, it gets a little... Spicy, at the end. Sort of. Elounor spice! But not really...

You'll see.

Read on!

__________________________

Eleanor was on her way.

Louis didn't mind, though, and neither did Harry.

You see, the thing about Eleanor, is; She really is a beard.

Eleanor didn't care very much, to be quite honest. She had always known deep down that Louis didn't love her, at least not in the way that she had wanted. Though their relationship was real, and she knew that Louis did love her to some extent, there was always something off about him. He seemed to smile more, laugh more, and be genuinely happier when he was with Harry rather than her.

So when the time came, and Louis finally admitted that he didn't love Eleanor, but instead Harry, Eleanor wasn't all that surprised. No, she had suspected it. But what Louis had proposed her to do is what had her gobsmacked.

Eleanor had expected that to be it. No tears, no drama. Truth be told, she wasn't feeling it anymore, either, whether it was the unrequited love, or how busy both of their schedules were, she didn't know. She just knew that it was a bad romance, minus the romance.

But when she was about to get up and leave, Louis had grabbed her hand to stop her from walking out the door. He had spun her around so she could face both him and Harry, who had tagged along to support his lover, and stared at Eleanor with the saddest, most pleading eyes she had ever seen him give. She still remembered exactly what he had said.

{FLASHBACK: 3 Months Prior}

"Eleanor, wait," He said, slightly hesitant and fearful of her response to his request. "I'd like to ask... A favor, if you will. Just hear me out."

Eleanor raised an eyebrow, but merely nodded for him to continue.

"I'd like to ask... I'd like to ask if we could stay together. You know, in a relationship."

Eleanor's eyes just about popped out of her head.

"Louis, not two minutes ago did you tell me that you and Harry are gay with eachother." She said, not harshly, only bewildered that he would say that. She was confused. Stay in a relationship? What?

"No... No! That's not what I meant! I don't mean a real relationship, Eleanor, just one for the public. You know, for fans, paparazzi... Management."

It suddenly dawned on her what he had asked her to do. He wanted her to be a beard. And she could see why.

She could see that if Harry and Louis came out, how much hate they'd get. Homophobic slurs, in every news paper, paparazzi on they're every move for the the world's biggest gay couple. Not to mention management. Oh, no, management... Eleanor knew that of they were to find out about Harry and Louis' relationship, they would surely break them apart.

Eleanor knew that she didn't have to do this, but in some way, she really did. Though she doesn't love Louis in that way anymore, she can't deny that she once did, and still does deeply care for him. And with him looking at her with big blue eyes, how could she say no? How could she get in the way of their love? If anything, she really did want to help in some way. And this just might be that way.