Chapter 5

TRIGGER WARNING

Lauren's POV

I was in a forest with my baby brother in my arms, frantically running, trying to escape my adoptive father. I couldn't remember how or when I got away from him but all thought was the need to be as far as possible. The more distance, the harder it was for him to find us. I was out of breath and leaning against a tree when I felt my brother being ripped from my arms then being thrown to the ground, my knees landing first making them cut and bleed.

"You thought you could leave me?" I knew that voice, it caused me to shake uncontrollably and tears to cloud my line of sight. His hand wrapped around the back of my throat lifting me up above the ground, I couldn't breathe and I could no longer see my brother. I knew this was it for me. I would die without ever having a chance at life.

"You can never leave me."

-

I screamed, sitting up as fast as possible, looking around the room to make sure I was safe and that he wasn't anywhere. I felt someone put their hands on the sides of my arms, causing me to back away, I looked up to see warm brown eyes looking me over in concern. It was Ally, Camila's friend and the pack doctor, she looked shaken up and worried. I looked down in my lap playing with my fingers.

"Lauren, Are you okay?" she asked calmly. I nodded slowly and she frowned even more than she already was. "Then why are you crying?" I brought my hands up to my cheeks, they were warm and wet. Suddenly sobs racked my whole being and I couldn't stop crying. Ally took me into her arms and whispered into my ear, "Don't worry sweet heart, I'll mind link Camila." She was quiet for a minute, rubbing her hand up and down my back as I sobbed. "She's coming, don't worry."

A second later I was pulled out of Ally's arms and into Camila's. Tingles raced throughout my body and I clung to her crying my heart out. I threw my fear of people out the window and held on to her with everything I had. She put her hand on the back of my head, holding me to her chest, and whispered things in my ear about how I'm okay and nothing could get me.

I felt her walk out of the room and down the stairs to another room where she shut and locked the door. I saw we were in the room where my baby brother is, he was taking a nap after Ally cleaned up all his cuts. (I don't know what his age was, but let's all pretend he's five.) Camila sat down on the bed next to my brother and I clung to her tighter, not wanting her to let go. "Please don't let me go." I begged, sitting on her lap with my head in her neck.

"I would never, angel." I breathed in her scent trying to calm myself down. My sobs slowly ceased and started debating if I should tell her why I was crying. She is my mate and they tell each other everything but what if she didn't want me anymore after I tell her?

"Ally told me you woke up crying, can you tell me what your dream was about? you don't have to if you don't feel comfortable with sharing." I sighed before clearing my throat realizing how dry it became.

"I was dreaming about when I ran away from my adoptive father before you found me. He was looking for us and had his friends looking too." My gaze dropped to my brother, I took his hand in mine and finished telling Camila my dream.

"W-we didn't make it to the tree house where you found us, instead he found us. He G-grabbed my throat and I couldn't breathe." Tears started to fall down my face again and I clung tighter to Camila. She tightened her arms around me as if she was holding me together. "I woke up when I thought I was going to pass out."

"I'm so sorry, angel. I wish I was there in your nightmare to save you. But I'll always be here to make the bad guys go away." She kissed my temple, holding me close to her chest.

"What if he comes for me and Chris? He sent his friends to look for us when we left." I said panicking and pressing myself closer to her chest.

"You don't have to worry about his friends, I'm keeping them in the tombs."

I pushed away from her slightly to look into her eyes. She caught his minions. How does she know it's them or how does she even have them? As if sensing all my questions she spoke,

"They came up to our boarders and injured a third in command. They asked about you and your brother. I made my men put them in chains in the tomb." She said in an angry voice looking into the air but then her gaze came back to me and softened.

I stayed silent not knowing what to say or how to respond. I felt the need to see them to make sure it was them and the anger in me built for having these men hunt my brother and I. I spoke what I was thinking out loud.

"Can we see them?"

-

The tombs were dark and scary. The walls were covered in mold and the place reeked of dried blood. Camila walked in front of me while I clung to her back, not liking the feel of this place. As we walked, we pasted cell after cell. Some had friendly looking people who were Camila's pack members that got in trouble and were able to leave soon. The others were rogues.

When we got to the end of the walk their were two rogues chained to the wall. They looked pissed and I was terrified. When they saw me they both smirked. I stepped out from behind Camila but she put her arm out, as if she was a wall between me and the rogues even though the cell bars were separating us already.

"Where's the third one?" I asked Camila and she sneered.

"Being tortured. He hurt one of my third in commands, Selena. It pissed off my other third, Demi. No one hurts one without the other fighting back. I'm letting Demi take her anger out on him. Haven't seen that much blood in a while." I know she was only saying that to piss off the other two rogues but I still flinched.

"Sorry, angel." She whispered. I nodded as the rogue with green eyes laughed.

"Oh so that is why we're down here," his voice cold and cruel. "Because the stupid hybrids your mate." Camila growled. Not knowing how to calm her down, I put my hand on Camila's arm. She instantly stopped growling.

"So what are you here to kill us or just watch?" The rogue sneered and the other one looked even angrier than the one with green eyes.

"That's up to her." Camila nodded her head down to me. My eyes widened. I had two lives in my hands. I was scared because I didn't want them to live. They would come over and help my adoptive father beat me.

"Why did you hurt me?" I had to know why they hit me. Did they just do it because they were friends with Steve? Tears filled my eyes and my hands shook as I waited for an answer. They both laughed before the green eyed one smirked.

"we were just waiting for the day we could have you all to ourselves. What I would do to your body..." He trailed off as he licked his lips staring me down, head to toe. I felt the tears trail down my cheeks as my body shook violently. I felt arms go around me and tingles trailed up and down my arms. I clung to Camila, not wanting to be anywhere else but in her arms. She was my mate. She was the one who would fix me and love mo no matter what. She needed to help me through this. Somehow I knew she would.

"I want them to go to hell, all of them." I cried out. My eye lids slowly started to become heavy. I felt myself fall asleep in Camila's arms.

Camila POV

I did just what my mate wanted. I sent them both to hell with my bare hands as Lauren slept under Ally's care. Lauren wouldn't have to know the details of their deaths. No one but me would know.

Yes I'm back. Sorry about not updating, I had exams that I needed to study for. I hope you guys like the story so far. Let me know what you think.