Tale 3:

"A Day in the Life of Jennifer VanWardhuizen": An Oridinary Girl

"Beep..."

"Beep...Beep..."

"Beep...Beep...Beep...BEEP!"

Looking around, I couldn't find the source of the "beeping"... Currently, I was walking through a garden of colorful flowers and for some reason the "beeping" just wouldn't stop. So, irritated, I began searching in the flower beds. I looked inside the buds and under the leaves; I even dug out some of the plants with my fingers, but there was only soil attached to the roots. Eventually I just gave up and listened to the "beeping" with annoyance. After what seemed like hours, I was about ready to tell the noise to shut up when I heard a softer voice.

"Jen, are you up?" It asked.

"Duh, yes I am. Can't you see? I'm right here." I told it.

"Jen?" Then I heard a door opening. Looking around, I couldn't find one. Why would there be a door? I thought. Then I felt some shaking. What's going on?

"Jen. WAKE UP!" This short phrase was so loud I could see the garden dissolve around me and in its place was a white ceiling and a tall man looming over me: it was Shawn.

"Why didn't you get up? Your alarm's been going off for like twenty-minutes."

"I was sleeping." I mumbled, rubbing the grit out of my eyes.

"Well, if you want to go to the garage sale, you better hurry up and get ready." Shawn says before leaving me in my room.

Stretching and yawning simultaneously, I sit up in bed and look around my room with my eyes still half-closed. If I remembered right, it was Sunday, June 1, and I had to get my homework done. I also wanted to do some garage sale-ing before I labored away on my computer...Getting up slowly, stretched again when I stood up and then made my single bed. Max, the pug, apparently had left my room earlier in the morning and also left behind a mess on the floor.

"Great, just great." I mutter to myself as I went to my clothes-closet and dug through my shirts. I ended up choosing a hot pink t-shirt with the word "Knoxville" on it. It was the name of my hometown, so I decided to wear it. Next, I went to my wooden dresser and pulled out a pair of dark jeans and then put everything on—along with other stuff I won't mention—and went into the bathroom. There, I put my thin, brown hair into a ponytail and used the toilet. I also clean up Max's mess. Afterwards, I then go into the kitchen and since Shawn's grandparents had already ate (they get up at six o'clock every morning) and Shawn was in his room watching "YouTube", I figured I'd just help myself. So, I had a bowl of "Kellogg's Corn Flakes" and ate for about ten-minutes.

After eating, I clean the bowl and spoon with soapy, hot water; rinse and then dry. Now that my stomach was full, I went back into my room to grab my tennis shoes which were black and white. Sitting on my bed, I put one on one and then the other, all the while wondering what I might find at the garage sales around the neighborhood...When I had my shoes on and my navy blue, light jacket snug and warm around me; I told everyone that I was leaving and with some farewells, I went on my hunt for amazing stuff...

While I walked down Ridgeway Street, in Reedsport, Oregon; I didn't really find all that many garage sales going on. There was one, however; that had caught my eye: a garage sale that actually had paintings! Now don't get me wrong, I've seen some decent artwork at some of the previous ones that I had walked by, but this one took the cake. It was at a two-story house on the corner of Ridgeway and 22nd Street, and the paintings simply took my breath away.

I noticed a painting by Leonardo da Vinci, "Lady with Ermine"; a Renoir painting, "Noirmoutier"; "School of Athens" by Raphael, and so many more. The one that caught my eye though, was Claude Monet's "Beach in Pourville". Fascinated, I walked towards the painting to examine it further. The colors were amazing, considering it was an oil paint; the scene in which Monet expresses himself was relaxing and so realistic, it just made me comfortable to just stare at it for minutes on end. Eventually, I asked the lady for how much it was worth. She sold it to me for just one-hundred dollars, which was actually cheap for such a wonderful work of art—even though it wasn't the real thing—but I didn't have any complaints, I just paid her and since I was done with my garage sale-ing, I just wanted to head back home—which was only a couple of blocks away—and hang up my new painting.