References:

Tale 1:

Andrews, Ian. Pompeii. New York: Press Syndicate of the University of Cambridge, 1978. Print.

Carcopino, Jérôme. Daily Life in Ancient Rome. New Haven and London: Yale University Press, 1940. Print.

Cotterell, Arthur. Mythology. London: Anness Publishing Limited, 1996. Print.

Kleiner, Fred S. Gardner's Art through the Ages. Massachusetts: Wadsworth Cengage Learning, 2005. Print.

Macaulay, Thomas. The Lays of Ancient Rome and Miscellaneous Essays and Poems. Great Britain: The Aldine Press, 1910. Print.

Picard, Gilbert. The Ancient Civilization of Rome. Switzerland: Nagel Publishers, 1969. Print.

Campbell, Mike. "Behind the Name." behind the name. 1996-2013. Web. 19 Nov. 2013.

Milani-Santarpia, Giovanni. "Map of Ancient Pompeii." mariamilani. N.d. Web. 19 Nov. 2013.

Tale 2:

Books:

Gies, Joseph and Frances. Life in a Medieval City. New York: Thomas Y. Crowell Company, 1834. Print.

Norman, A.V.B., and Don Pottinger. A History of War and Weapons: 449 to 1660. New York: Thomas Y. Crowell Company, 1834. Print.

Stone, George Cameron. A Glossary of the Construction, Decoration and Use of Arms and Armor: in all countries and in all times. New York: Jack Brussel, 1961. Print.

Trease, Geoffrey. The Condottieri: soldiers of fortune. New York/Chicago/San Francisco: Holt, Rinehart and Winston, 1971. Print.

Websites:

"Map of Milan, Italy." Bing. Blogspot, n.d. Web. 8 Mar. 2014.

Nevin, Laura. "Condottier-Renaissance Mercenary Captains." BellaOnline: The Voice of Women. Watson-Novacek, Deborah, n.d. Web. 8 Mar. 2014.

Camp, Mike. "Behind the Name." behind the name. 2002-2013. Web. 8 Mar. 2014.

Tale 3:

Herbert, Robert L. "Impressionism: Art, Leisure, and Parisian Society." New Haven and London: Yale University Press, 1988. Print.

Todd, Pamela. "The Impressionists at Home." New York: Thames and Hudson Inc., 2005. Print.

"1795–1820 in Western fashion." en.wikipedia.org. N.p., n.d. Web. 2 June 2014.

"Claude Monet: The Complete Works." claudemonetgallery.org. N.p., n.d. Web. 2 June 2014.