Chapter 3

Lauren POV:

The last bell of the day rang & i made my way to Ms. Cabello's classroom. I knocked on her door once & entered the room. She's on her cell phone typing away when she looks up at me "Hello Lauren, right on time."

"Hi Ms. Cabello, Thank you so very much for making me stay after" I said sarcastically to the older woman in front of me. I sit down & looked up at her hoping for her to say something.

Camila POV:

After she sat down & looked at me I was waiting for her to say something. Wait. She cant talk, this is detention. I can talk to her though & she can talk back, right?
"So, Ms. Jauregui. Why were you late this morning?" I asked the green-eyed girl.
"I told you this morning" she said to me. I leaned forward on my desk towards Lauren & said "between you & I, i think Austin is a bit of an asshole. And if you really did do what you said, then good for him. You probably treated her better." Did I just say that to my student?

"How do you know I'm any better than he is?" Lauren asked me. I swallowed hard not knowing what to say. "Well...u- umm" i stuttered. The younger girl smirked at me like she knew I was getting nervous. "Well, just by the way you stood up for me my first day. You didn't have to. Im the fill in teacher. you know. like who the hell treats the sub with respect?" Ms. Cabello rambled on.

Lauren POV:

I thought to myself for a moment. Is she actually my teacher? because she's talking to me like I'm her friend. "I watched you in class today Lauren. You're really smart. You get your work done quickly. I don't know. Im very intrigued by you" she said to me. intrigued huh? i smiled to myself, i like this teacher.
That was pretty sweet considering she doesn't actually know me from a hole in the wall.

"Thanks Ms. Cabello, But you really don't have to be nice to me" i said to her.
"Why wouldnt i be nice? You've been nothing but nice to me. If you ever need anything Lauren don't be afraid to ask me." I nodded my head to the older women "Thank you."
"No problem. And you may go, i think i tortured you enough" she smiled at me as i got up & walked out the classroom.