Chapter One

Many years before

Morgan Brian's POV

My fingers drift across the car door handle again before I finally get the courage to open it. Is the first day of highschool really supposed to be this nerve-wracking? I step outside the car and the warmth of the summer sun hits me immediantly. "C'mon Morgan.." I mutter to myself. "It's not like you're the only new one here." I glance back at my mom nervously and she smiles at me, motioning for me to go on. I give a slight smile back at her and start walking towards my new school.

I find myself keeping my head low and shuffling my feet quickly as I weave through the few people left in the hallway, trying to find my first class. I force myself to look up so I can atleast see the numbers beside the classroom doors. 13A.. 13A..13A. Damnit, Morgan! You're such an idiot! You probably missed it because you kept looking at your dumb feet! I run my fingers through my hair in frustration, turning back around and now practically running through the halls so I'm not late. I finally spot 13A and swing the door open as the the first bell rings, signaling the start of the day. Everyone else seems to be here. Atleast there's an open seat in the back..That's some good news. I can feel eyes on me as I make my way toward the desk. I sit down, glancing at the desk of the person next to me to see if I missed anything. I lift my eyes, and that's when I notice the girl sitting there.

Julie Johnston's POV

I snap out of my thoughts as I hear the classroom door swing open and a brown-haired girl steps inside. She quickly scans the classroom, her eyes stopping at the open seat next to me. I sigh, a little disappointed that I don't get two desks all to myself. Atleast this girl isn't giving off a snobby or annoying vibe.. I think to myself. Alright, Julie, here's a chance to make a good first impression and try to make a friend. She sits down next to me and gets herself situated. I look over at her from the corner of my eye and see her look at me. "Don't worry. You didn't miss anything." I whisper to her, smiling. God, Julie. The bell just rang! Of course she didn't miss anything! I silently curse myself for saying something so stupid. Eventually, I get absorbed in the work and before I knew it, class was over. The girl that sat down next to me in the empty desk gets up and starts walking towards the door. I was kind of hoping to get to talk to her after class was over. Without thinking, I blurt out, "Julie name me you?" She turns around and looks at me like I have two heads. I quickly cover my mouth and try to recover from my blonde moment. Wait, Julie. You are blonde...

      "Excuse me?" The girl asks, holding in a laugh after realizing what I was trying to say. I can feel my cheeks starting to flush red. "I mea-"  "It's okay, I know what you meant to say." She assures me, chuckling. After a split-second she says, "It's Morgan." I stare at her, confused, forgetting what I said to her earlier. "My name? It's Morgan." She continues, grinning at me. "Oh.. Yeah, right." I murmur, rubbing the back of my neck. God Julie, could you embarrass yourself any more than you already have? She probably thinks you're some type of weirdo. Just play it cool, making friends isn't that hard. "That's a pretty name." The words come tumbling out of my mouth before I could stop them. Idiot, Idiot Julie! Yeah, way to play it cool! I facepalm myself and groan. Morgan laughs. "Thanks. My next class starts soon. I guess I'll see ya' around, Julie? It was..interesting..meeting you."  She teases. I gasp, pretending to act offended. "You aren't so bad yourself." I say, oblivious to the fact we're now the last ones in the room. We both laugh and as she walks out the door she turns and bows. I can just imagine her laughing about it as she went to her next class.

I guess I liked hearing her laugh. Maybe I already made a new friend. A true one.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Hey Guys!! IM SO PUMPED USA PLAYS TONIGHT! LET'S GOOO! As always, I hope you're enjoying the story. Sorry this chapter is short. I've had a lot of schoolwork and I'm trying to update often.

Love you all! ;)