•Four•

[Kealleigh]

As I board the plane a few weeks after graduation, my nerves were through the roof. Though the venue was within blocks of the airport I'd be landing in, I was freaking out because the arrival time didn't leave me much time to get there. In fact, it gave me 20 minutes before they came out. I just hoped nobody would try to steal my seat if they got there before I did, though I'd just kick them out by any means necessary. Nobody is getting between me and 5 Seconds of Summer.

I speed walk to the venue and get there in time to see people still waiting to get into their seats, meaning I had time to spare for sure. Once I finally make it to my seat, hiding the backstage pass I have beneath my sweater for now, I wait patiently for the band to come out.

[Louis]

It was the beginning of February, the five sauce boys had a concert they wanted us to go to since we've yet to see a concert they were headlining themselves. I couldn't be more proud as I stood backstage with the lads, watching the boys do their thing.

They had only a few songs left when I realized a few people were standing beside us, Harry had struck up conversation with one of the girls. They must be people who purchased back stage passes. I turn to look at the few people, scanning over the girls who were too focused on the band to recognize who I am, and landing on the girl Harry was talking to. Her back is facing me, until she noticed Harry looking at someone. She turns to look at me, and when my eyes met hers my breath hitched. She was stunning. My heart began hammering in my chest, and it was all I could hear until I register Harry's laughter.

"What?" I dumbly ask.

"You were completely out mate, what's up with you?"

"I dunno." I shake my head, trying to rid it of my confusion and whatever had happened when I saw that girl. I glance up to her again and her eyes were on the stage, turning in that direction I recognize that she's staring at Calum. My eyebrows immediately furrow, a scowl taking over my face as I clench my jaw. But soon after, I'm just confused at my reaction. Why do I care?

When the boys finish and come back stage, the other girls cry and can hardly speak. But when they make their way to the one I'd noticed Harry talking to, she seems calm.

"It's so nice to meet you guys. Honestly, thank you for everything you do. Without you... I might have given up." They each hug her, she clings to Calum a little longer but he lets her and hugs her until she slowly lets him go.

"It was lovely to meet you, Leigh." Calum smiles at her and the other boys agree, then they sign something she brought with her, Calum writing an extra note, before they leave. Harry grabs her attention before she walks away, and I decide to walk closer to the two.

"Do you wanna hang out tonight since you're still in town for a few days?" He asks.

"Oh, I wouldn't want to intrude."

"Nonsense, you're lovely. You wouldn't be intruding at all, we'd love to have you. Right, Louis?" Her eyes flit to meet mine.

"Uh, y-yeah why not." Harry smirks at my stutter but Lee, I think that's her name, merely smiles.

"It's nice to meet you by the way, Louis." She extends her hand for me to shake but I just stare at her. "I'm Kealleigh." I squint a bit, processing what she said.

"Sorry about him, he's not very social." Harry says, placing a hand on her back and leading her through the venue to his car that we'd driven here.

Once through the small crowd outside and into the car, Harry helps Kealleigh get into the passenger side before he gets into the driver side, I obviously get in the back seat.

"Oh wow, this is weird." Kealleigh speaks up.

"Yeah, it's probably pretty weird being with us instead of a fan on the side lines huh?" Harry chuckles.

"Oh no, I mean yeah that's different. S'not weird though since we're apparently acquaintances now. What is weird is sitting on the left side and not driving. Like, I feel like I should be making the driving decisions." Harry laughs and I hold back a smile, struggling to keep up my usual resolve.

"So you're from the States then?" Harry glances at her before looking back at the road.

"Yes, undoubtedly so. My mom got me the tickets to fly over as a birthday present since we're not sure if they're having an American leg yet, and I've always loved the idea of visiting the UK anyway."

"So it's your birthday?"

"Well, it was my birthday. January 2nd, is actually my birthday."

"Does that make you an Easter baby or something?" What the fuck? I don't bother hiding my scoff, but Kealleigh merely laughs loudly at Harry's question.

"I think I was conceived in May, though I'd rather not think about it. Ugh." She cringes.

"Right, right. No one wants to think of their parents in bed." Her smile falls, but Harry doesn't take notice.

"So, how old did you turn? I'm not kidnapping anyone am I?"

"I'm 18 now." She smiles.

"Ooh, so did you get your tattoo?" I roll my eyes at his bluntness.

"Jesus Harry, you can't just ask someone about their soulmate tattoo!" I butt in, harsher then I'd intended to. Kealleigh downcasts her eyes and sneaks a subtle glance at Harry. Harry sighs, hesitating before he speaks.

"Louis, not everybody has bad circumstances. In fact, chances are that I'm just asking her something that will make her smile because she's excited about it appearing. Maybe she's excited about the soulmate system, or maybe she's got a soulmate already. And if she doesn't, and I upset her, I will apologize and comfort her when we arrive. It is not some taboo question nobody talks about, unless of course we were talking about you." When Harry finishes, Kealleigh steals a glance at me. Apparently I look angry because she quickly looks away. I clench my jaw but Kealleigh speaks up before I can.

"I dunno, Karen. You may wanna check yourself before wreck yourself, that's definitely not a fetch question to be asking me." She smirks at Harry, he can't hold back his smile and I laugh a little bit. Though it comes out as more of a giggle, and I can tell Harry is extremely surprised at the sound.

"That was far too many references to be in one sentence together, continuity is key darling." And just like that, I'm back to clenching my jaw, balling my fingers into fists, and glaring out the tinted window at the passing landscape.