Beneath the Ashes

Prologue

2 years earlier

You think you know what its like to starve. To have your stomach feel like an empty abandoned cell. I have, and let me tell, it is not pleasant. Allow me to introduce myself, my name is Alistair Galandi, age 15 and living... well nowhere. My life was like any other average persons life. Nice, quite, a few hardships here and there.That all however changed rather quickly. And the moment I realized my life was suddenly unnormal, I don;t know how I was able to keep it together.

I thought that if your normal you go to school, hang with friends and argue with siblings. I used to those things, but they're are dead and gone, just like the people I did them with. No friends, no family, not even a roof to live under. Nothing. All that had been slowly and painfully burned away in front of my very own eyes. Never will I forgive myself for standing there and watch my beloved ones fall back into the flames. Their skin, their muscles, their whole body turning piece my piece into gray forgotten ash. Never will I forget my Mother's face as she screamed my name. Begging me, pleading me to help her.... I had turned my back, pretending I couldn't hear her until finally the smoke filled her lungs, smothering her. That was the last time I saw her, my last memory of her, her face engulfed in flames. Melting away in front of me. It was my fault and I was paying the price. And never will I forget... Never.