12. The Truth Will Release You

Jai's POV

"You're my brother?!" Callie shouts as tears roll down her face.

"Yes." Jaxon replies looking at her.

"Why did you have a grave?!" She screams back

"Because mom thought I was dead." He responds walking close to her.

"Tell me what happened!" She yells walking to him.

"Let's go somewhere else, follow me." Jaxon replies as he leads us to a barn close by.

Entering the barn Jaxon sits and so do we. We sit there for a few seconds in silence waiting for him to explain everything.

"Okay someone speak please." Sam says breaking the silence.

"Fine. I'm here to explain everything." Jaxon replies

For the next hour he tells us that he was kept a secret because he was the baby of Callie's dad and a girl named Juliet Clarkson. The woman was a psycho he had fallen in love with while she was at The Thornbrook Mental Institute also known as TMT. The dad had to keep him a secret from the mom of Callie so he wouldn't lose her.

"I had gotten a little crazy my dad got worried because I almost killed a kid. He sent me away to grandmas and I had run away when I was fifteen to fake my death. Thats why there was a grave. I've been pretending to be dead for the past two years." Jaxon says as we all gasp in shock.

"Why did you force Sam to show me her face on the night of the incident?!" Callie asks

"Black Cloak gave me a additional cloak he forced me to take Sam and make her look like she did it and I burn down the house otherwise they'd kill me. I've never spoken to them since." He answers

We sit in silence not knowing how to respond.

"I have to leave it's getting late." I say as me and Storm exit the barn with the others following.

The Next Day

I enter the cafeteria walking towards my lunch table. Sitting down we all stare at each other for a couple seconds.

"Okay we need to discuss what happened last night." Adam says

"What should we discuss other than Callie had a secret brother with a psycho mother." Storm says snarky.

"And that psycho mother happened to be the person Jai killed." Ian replies pulling a folder out.

"Shut up! There are people around!" I shout so know one hears.

"Here are the pictures Black Cloak sent to me so I could figure it out." Ian says as he shows us the pictures.

I look through them seeing documents of Juliet. She had moved to florida and escaped that night because someone let her lose. I look towards pictures of texts Black Cloak sent a text to Juliet telling her Jaxon had died because of us. They'd led her to us to hurt us that's why she was there.

"So you're telling me Black Cloak followed us to florida?!" Storm shouts

"I guess whoever this is must be older considering they probably went alone." Ian replies

*Bell rings* We all leave the cafeteria and go to out next class.

• • •

Sitting on my bed I flash back to the night I was in Sam's basement. She'd never given me an answer who she was talking too. I still question if she was telling the truth about where she escaped to when Abby had "died."

"Hey can we talk? Meet me at the neighborhood park." I send to Sam.

Entering the park I see Sam sitting on the rusty old swing.

"Hey." I shout catching her attention.

"Hey, what do you need to talk about?" She asks

"I never told you what happened two nights before Abby "died." I reply sitting next to her.

"What do you mean?" She asks scared

"When you had gone upstairs I went to the basement with the weapons as you know, but who were you whispering too? You never gave me a straight answer." I respond starring into her eyes.

"Those weapons where my dads as I said. The person I was talking to was Callie. She came to talk to me I don't know why." She replies looking at the ground.

"But she hadn't come back to Thornbrook until the night before Abby had "died." I say

"Well I don't know. She seemed sketchy and I still think she's hiding something!" Sam yells

"What about when you left. Did you actually go to Rocksfield to meet your grandparents?" I say accusing her of lying.

"No, I went to Bladecreek. Someone sent me a text saying there's clues there. But it was just Callie again she was trying to find something and she only asked me to help. I don't know what she was trying to find though!" Sam answers

"So can we not trust Callie? Is she hiding something?!" I shout confused.

"I guess not maybe. But I have to go. Talk to you later." Sam replies getting up leaving the park.

• • •

"Hey call me we need to talk, I'm in danger." - Abby.

"Hey it's Jai whats wrong?" I ask worried

"Black Cloak says they have found my location their coming! Bring the others asap!" She yells terrified.

"Where are you?" I ask

"At a hotel called The Wingsman Hotel it's in Indianapolis. Come immediately." She answers with a shaky voice.

"Okay I'll call the others!" I answer hanging up and texting the others.

Black Cloak POV

Sitting in the backseat on my way to meet Abby. We drive down the long roads of the city getting closer and closer to the hotel. Then we enter the hotel parking lot. It all ends tonight. For good.

Hey guys! So yep Abby's in danger and Callie's sketchy! Thanks for reading hoped you enjoyed! I'll be updating soon :)