Chapter Two (Sneak Peak)

When I woke up the next morning, I knew I was dead. No, not really. But in a metaphorical sense. And no, I'm not going to say a bunch of sappy stuff like 'I feel dead because without Will, I lost my reason to live.' The real reason is simple: I was so caught up in my excitement for my date (and then my anguish afterward), that I had forgotten to update Jamia on my date -and well, breakup- like I promised. Who is Jamia you ask? Jamia is the most wonderful, awesome, fun, person in this entire universe, and my best friend.

We always update each other on our dates, and I forgot to tell her about the most important one of all! Okay, so you're probably wondering why I didn't just text her everything just then, but I couldn't. It would make her mad. She's a very emotional and impatient person. She doesn't like to be forgotten, left out, or updated at the last minute. So I decided that we were going to have a Girls' Day Out to make up for it.

I decided against calling her and asking her if she wanted to hang out, she would just yell at me over the phone, and being in the distressed state that I was in, I just couldn't take it. But I knew that hanging out with Jamia would make me feel better.

So, I hopped out of bed and made a beeline for the shower (I had this weird idea, that if I ran to the shower, there would be more hot water, but that's not true). I slipped on some dark jeans, a comfortable black top, and a leather vest, with some neon socks and combat boots. I always dressed more punk when I was unhappy, for some odd reason. I didn't even bother with makeup, I didn't want to risk it running again (it's annoying to clean off in the shower when you don't have a mirror handy), since I had a feeling that I might be crying again soon, but I did comb my hair and pull it into a pretty side ponytail, finger-curled tendrils lining the sides of my face. I decided that I looked decent, and headed downstairs where I could get a quick bite to eat.

"Good morning."

"Good morning Mom," I said fondly walking over to give her a kiss on the cheek. "Is that waffles I smell?" I asked jokingly.

"Why yes, of course. I could tell you were a little down in the dumps so I made your favorite breakfast."

That surprised me. "How did you know?"

"A number of reasons. One being the fact that my Mother senses were tingling," she said. I laughed at that one. "Then, you didn't even say goodnight to me last night, and I could hear you crying. Then also, look at you. You don't dress like this unless you're really unhappy. But anyways, if you really want to dress like that, I have some wallet chains in my top drawer from my darker days you can attach to your pants, and you could probably use some eyeliner-"

"Mom... I'm fine."

"Uh huh. Well, whenever you're ready to talk, I'm here."

"I'll keep that in mind."

I really wouldn't though. She didn't really understand relationships well (or give good advice). Her own relationship with my dad ended in divorce and she had been dating all the loser men of the world ever since. Plus, I didn't want her to know about my breakup, she never liked him in the first place- she said she got bad 'vibes' from him- and she would just have herself a happy 'I told you so' moment, and I wasn't prepared for that yet. I doubted I'd be prepared for that ever. And just the thought of him- No, I told myself. I'm gonna stay strong and keep going on with my life. With or without Will. You know, he's just extremely attractive and caring and smart, and.... Ugh, I'm whipped.

***

Honk Honk Honk

I ran up to the front door of the house and opened it to see who was outside. Surprisingly, it was Jamia in her car. I skipped over to her.

"Hey, what are you doing here?" I asked her, happily.

"Girls' Day! Duh!"

"But I didn't invite you..."

"I'm telling you, we have like a mind connection. I knew you would feel guilty and shit and invite me over anyways at some point."

Gosh, mind reader much?

"So you ready to go?" she asked impatiently.

"Yeah, just let me tell my mom."

After I said my goodbyes to my mother, Jamia and I set out.

Jamia parked the car at an old park near our high school. Walking slowly, we went to our usual patch of grass underneath a huge oak tree.

"So... spill."

And I did. I told her every last detail. And she didn't stop me, she listened to my whole spiel only interrupted to say things like hmm or ah.

"That douchebag," she said finally, after a long silence. "He led you on! He chased after you! And he just dumps you? The fuck!'

My thoughts exactly.

However, I did not say that. I couldn't say that -well, I couldn't really say anything )I was getting REALLY emotional) I just started crying into her new gorgeous light purple sweater, getting bits of snot stuck in the fabric (ew, I know), while she did her best to soothe me. See, this is why I love Jamia, she doesn't mind when I decorate her sweater with boogers. Slowly, I started to regain my composure.

He's a loser, I told myself. He doesn't deserve me.I am a strong, independent bl- well not- woman and he does not control me or my feelings. I felt a little bit better, not much though. I was still kind of sad. The tears stopped falling, and I wiped my nose off, and I was grateful that I didn't apply eye makeup, 'cause it would have been trailing down and ruining her sweater by then.

She lightly pushed me off of her and put her hands on my shoulders.

"You okay?" she asked completely serious.

I nodded.

"Let's change the subject then. Did you do anything else yesterday?"

"Yeah, the weirdest thing happened.... (I paused for sniffling) I got sort of lost and ended up in some neighborhood, and there was this really good garage band, but the members were douches, and they threw me off their property, but they were really cute though. I think you'd like one of 'em. He didn't seem too douche-ey, but he was short... but then again, so are you..." I said all of that so fast I doubt she caught on to what I was saying.

She looked at me, her face blank, then started to laugh. "Country Bumpkin daddy say what?" she laughed. I did too. Lame Hannah Montana references never failed to improve someone's mood.

"Well, you know the band name?"she suddenly asked, eyes curious.

"Yeah, their van said My Chemical Romance."

"Cool name.... so you said there was a cute guy that I'd like..."

"No, No, No-No-No. I know what you're thinking. I'm not going back there! I-"

"Don't worry, just tell me the address and I'll go myself. I'm curious. Can you blame me?"

I couldn't so I kept my mouth shut.

"But if you'd like to come along..."

I shook my head.

"If you go, I'll forgive you for not calling me yesterday....."

"But that's what this whole day was for," I protested.

"Nu-uh. I've made up my mind. I'll only forgive you -if- you come with me."

She had me cornered. She knew she did. 'Cause Jamia when she isn't happy with you.... well, it isn't a pretty sight.

"Fine." And with that the argument was closed......