Chapter 3

Chapter 3

I opened the door and let Marcel walk in first. We both sat down in a red leather booth across from each other. He looked so giddy, looking around in great excitement and anticipation. We looked at the menus together and came to the conclusion of what to eat. "Hey guys" I looked up to see Jessica standing over us, in her cute little waitress uniform. Jessica felt more familiar than Acassia did. She was more like one of the guys. She was the kinda girl who you joke around with and tease and she doesn't take it seriously. I used to have a huge crush on her when we were younger, but that went away when I started to focus more on school and when Marcel started getting bullied more and more. I hardly have time to look in the mere direction of a nice pair, if you know what I mean, without a shitty occurence within the few seconds I wasn't paying attention. "Hey Jess, that's a nice name tag you got there." I smiled, reading her name tag that said "BERNIE" in large, bold letters. "Shut up, my new one isn't in" she play punched my arm. "Wha, what happened to you, your last one?" Marcel inquired. The studder almost seemed fake to me, since I knew he could physically talk correct. I guess it's just social anxiety. "I totally didn't drop it in the fryer or anything" She grilled and sucked her tongue to make that weird sizzling clicking noise with your teeth. I started clapping my hands slowly "excellent Jessica, I'm so glad that you would be allowed to serve the things that I put in my body" I joked. "shut up Styles, wanker" "well, is that any way to speak to a paying customer?" I smiled slyly. "What can I get you with that side of assholery you already seem to have taken in massive quantities?" Marcel and I set in our orders to Jess and she ran off to deliver it to the next in the line of catery. "So Marcel, for winter break, I'm taking you out. It has been decided by me" "where are we going?" he looked up from his soda. "I guess you'll just have to come and see" He gave a stubborn whine that annoyed me to no end. "Marcel, don't make me stab you in the butt with a pitchfork" He nearly spit out the soda he was drinking, laughing. "Out of all the things you could use for stabbing someone in the butt, you choose a pitchfork" "yeah. It's simple, yet effective." Jessica set our plates down in front of me and said "I promise I tried not to spit in this time" "thank you for being such a delightful server Bernie, I feel the love" She gently smacked me on the side of my head, but har enough to make a popping noise. "I gotta go, I get off in a few minutes and I'm debating on whether I should go home or just slide in this booth with you two twats" "You know you've always got a seat right here, Jess" I pat my hand against my leg. Do you know those people that you just feel comfortable enough around that you can make any type of joke and it would never be taken the wrong way? It was one of Jessicas best qualities. "Only in your dreams, bye Marcel" "Bye Jessica" She smiled, strolling away. "Jessica's so funny" "Yeah, remember when you used to be, like, madly in love with her?" Marcel smirked, stuffimg a few chips into his mouth at once. "Dude, that was literally half of my life ago. You know me, I'm destined to be single forever" "Harry, Look at me. I am the definition of virgin. I am destined for singularity. Everyone knows that there is a line of girls who like you, but I know you better than that. You won't settle for anything less than the real deal. No flings, no high school flames. You could be taken if you wanted to. But you don't, and I respect that, but on the other hand, I would enjoy hearing about your sexual advances with random girls in which I may live vicariously through you" "oh my god Marcel, I love you, but if you really want to be me, all you really have to do is take off your glasses, unslick your hair, and dress casually and you are set. We look exactly alike." "yeah, but you're so much better with girls." "Marcel, you can not imagine being me if I have sex and tell you about it" he laughed so hard, he snorted. I threw a chip at him and laughed. I heard a light Marimba ringtone eminating from my pocket. "When are you going to change that ringtone?" Marcel asked. "Someday soon, hopefully" I looked at my phone and saw I had a new text from an unknown number. "Be ready to pay for your snide little comments, Styles. You and your fag brother." "who is it?" "just Branson being stupid, nothing out of the ordinary." We continued to eat and chat about what we would do over winter break, thinking of girls that we could get Marcel together with and the possibilties of his future sexual exploitations. After we had finished eating, both of us had to go home to study for our finals tomorrow. We got back in the car and headed back towards the flat. I checked the time to be sure that I wasn't late. I am a pretty punctual person. When we got home, mum was waiting for us in the living room. "Hey boys, come sit with me for a moment." I sat down next to her, curious as to what she wanted to talk about. Mum never justs asks us to "sit down". "I love you both so much. You mean the world to me, I just wanted you both to know that" she tussled our hair, holding us close. "We love you too mum" she gripped us tighter for another moment and released us. "You boys probab;y have homework, so I'll leave you to it" I knew she meant well, but I hadn't felt like sitting around and listening to mum say the exact same thing she says every other night. Marcel and I went to our separate desks and worked on studying for our separate subjects. My phone buzzed on the desk, and when i checked, I had two new messages. One from Acassia and one from my friend, Tate. "Hey, I was wondering, what are you doing this saturday?" I replied "Nothing" to Cass. Tate was just starting what seemed to be a short lived conversation over the new gym, down in the town. Cass asked a few moments later "want to go to the cinema?" I looked over my shoulder at Marcel, and knew what my answer had to be. "I can't, busy, sorry". I tried to ignore any messages from Cass for the rest of the night and into the wee hours of the morning that I had spent studying for my finals.