Prolouge

A scientist, clipboard in hand, walks down the cold and empty hallway, and into the small lab. There she finds a man quivering over a control panel.

      "Status report." She says bluntly.

      "Well it seems the babies aren't fully developed yet. Plus, this one's genetic code says he's gonna have a sibling later on." The man says in fear.

      "I don't care whether or not they're healthy, I care if they're ready for the extraction." She says, grinning slowly, "This may be the greatest discovery known to mankind."

      "Other than them not being fully developed, I think they are ready." He says.

      "Hmm. This one looks fine. Perhaps the most developed." She says, slowly caressing the huge, glass tube, which contained the baby boy.

      "Your wish is my command." The man says.

      "Yes, insert the heron's genetic code into this one, he'll have the longest wings."

The man pushes the button, and the DNA, is inserted into the tube.

Over and over again the man pushes the button, which releases different genetic codes.

      "This one, the wings of a barn owl."

      "A girl. That's new. Grant her the raven's genetics."

     "Another one? Oh, a pattern. Insert the golden eagle's DNA."

     "Finally, the last one. Hmm. Red hair. Give him the red-tailed hawk's wings."

The man pushes the button, releasing the syrum.

      "But the heron's sibling?" The man asks.

      "Professor Nick, why do you care for his sibling?" She questions.

      "Everyone deserves to have a family." He says, voice barely audible.

The professor stands there in silence. She breathed in. 
"What a classic thing a man without a family would say. Very well then, save the dove's DNA, for when the sibling is produced." She says.

His face hot with anger, his heart filled with grief, Nick replies.

      "Yes ma'am." He says with one final push of a button.