Chapter 15: Logan

Malina's Pov

"Just open the door Malina," Isaac knocked again. I just stared at the door.

All he had to do was push it open. I didn't lock it.

"I'm sorry Malina," he finally pushed open the door.

"I lost two daughters today Isaac. That hurts. It hurts more than you will ever know," he sat on his knees in front of me.

My stomach hurt. It felt like I was cramping up. It took a lot to keep the mask on my face.

"I will never understand, but you can't be mad at me. I just wanted you to get an abortion. I didn't know how the wolfsbane was going to effect her or anything. It's been six weeks,"he frowned at me,"I'm sorry I asked you to get an abortion."

I leaned down to kiss him. He moved his head so I only got his cheek.

"Malina, I don't want another child. I'm sorry but it's true. I don't want another child," he stared at the ground,"I don't want to sleep with you if that's your goal."

I got up and pulled a box from under my dresser. I threw one of the packages at him. He stared at it.

"Okay."

___________________________

I woke up, laying on Isaacs chest. He was holding me. I think he was still asleep.

I went to close my eyes but I heard something. It sounded a little like feet. Like someone running down the hallway. The door was pushed open. Isaac grabbed his knife from his pants. He was asleep three seconds ago.

"Mommy," I thought I was going to cry. Miracle stood in front of me. She had a bandaid on her forehead but she was awake and talking to me.

Isaac put his knife down and stared at her. He watched her walk to the bed. I sat up and covered myself with the blanket.

"Hey beautiful," I ran my hands through her hair. She was the same eight year old little girl that I knew.

"I want ice cream mommy," she acted as if nothing happened in the place.

"I'll get you ice cream. I'll get you all the ice cream you can eat," I tied the robe and picked her up, walking out the room.

She laid her head on my shoulder,"do you think daddy likes root beer floats?"

"I don't know," I took the ice cream out the fridge and set it on the counter before putting her on the counter.

"I like root beer floats," she put her cup on the table. I scooped out the ice cream and put it in the cup.

"Hey, Malina," I looked at the door. Makayla was standing there. I looked back at the ice cream,"I just wanted to talk to you."

"Miracle, go take daddy a root beer float," I put her back on the ground. She took the cups and walked up the stairs,"I'm sorry for telling Alec that you were pregnant."

"It's okay. I'm not mad about that anymore. I'm sorry for treating you like I did all those years. I'm sorry for how I'm treating you now," she sat down on the kitchen table. I stared at the floor,"Malina, I'm pregnant again. I want my child to know you. Michael knows nothing about you."

"Congrats," I looked down at the table. Isaac stood at the top of the stairs holding his cup of root beer.

"Yeah, congrats," he walked down the stairs and dumped the cup down the sink,"this is gross. Don't tell Miracle I said that. I drunk it all.

"I heard you were pregnant," I looked away from her eyes.

"I had a miscarriage," she stared at me. I looked up at Isaac. He just continued to stare at me.