Chapter 28: Awakening

Month 8:

I wandered the hallways. I couldn't figure out how many days I have passed. I watched Isaac talk to the doctor. He told him that it's been eight months and I was brain dead. Isaac got upset and threatened to sue him before walking out the hospital.

That was until he came back. My whole family came back. What's going on?

I listened to them tell me that they loved me and that they would miss me. They either grabbed my hand or kissed my forehead. Makayla started crying. Alec had to pull her out the room.

What was going on?

He's going to pull the plug. Don't Isaac. Please don't pull the plug yet. I don't want to leave you yet. Please don't Isaac.

I followed him down the hallway, begging him not to pull my plug. Of course he didn't listen. By the time it came for him to pull the plug, he took my wedding ring off.

"I'm going to give it to Miracle," I could see his eyes water. I wanted to reach up and wipe the tears from his face but I couldn't.

He nodded at the doctor and the doctor started pulling plugs. Everything went black around me.

___________________________

Isaacs Pov

I was holding her hand when they pulled the plug. Everything went silent. That was until her heart monitor started beeping. The doctor frowned. Another tear ran down Malina's cheek.

"What's going on?" The doctor asked. He grabbed her wrist,"she has a pulse. She actually has a pulse."

I stared at her. Those big brown eyes opened. They were still so dazed. She looked around the room until she met my eyes. Her hand tightened around mine.

She was opening and closing her mouth like she was trying to say something. I didn't know how to feel. I didn't know if I wanted to cry or jump up and down. She was awake. She was actually awake.

"Can you talk Malina?" The doctor asked. She opened her mouth again then closed it.

"My ring," she murmured. I looked at the ring in my hand,"my wedding ring."

"You want it back?" I asked. She moved her fingers. I put it back on her finger. She closed her eyes. A smile slowly came to her face.

She was so beautiful. I wanted to tell her that but it seemed she fell asleep. The doctor checked her eyelids again before leaving the room. He looked so confused.

"I thought you told me she was brain dead," Makayla said. She had her hand over her stomach. She had the baby months ago. Madelyn, she named her. She was a beautiful little girl with bright golden eyes. It had something to do with Alec's genes that she got gold eyes. The same as Miracle has purple. Hidden powers.

"That's what they told me," I grabbed Malina's hands. She actually squeezed back. I've been imagining this feeling forever and it felt so good.

A tear ran down her cheek again. I wiped it away with my thumb before slowly pulling my hand away from hers. I started to walk towards the door.