chapter 3

As I got older things changed.

My intense blue eyes turned brown and I was angry....all the time. I had nightmares of my real parents.

What was going on? The only person who understood was Ryn.

One afternoon at Haven High School I was sitting reading a book I found at the library it was blue and had a gold lace covering it.

"Sup nerd." Tracey a blonde girl with emerald green eyes and pink lips. She was beautiful but her heart was black. Like tar.

Maybe being rich with no real friends caused her to be like this.

I ignored her , sucking on my blueberry lollipop. She snatched my book from me and threw it on the ground.

I picked it up and walked away heading for Ryn .

I felt my hair tug. I took her hand and yanked it off. I turned around and looked at her.

"I'm speaking to you."

"Yeah well....I'm ignoring you."

She got closer to my face. "No one ignores me." I stepped back.

"Why? Is this because you don't get enough attention at home from mommy and daddy." I pouted my lip and smirked.

Other students were beginning to look at us now some even followed from where I was sitting.

Her eyes opened wide. She stepped back to turn away. Then out of no where I felt her punch me.

I stumbled and fell. Everyone laughed. She walked forward to me. "As long as I'm here, I control everything even you weirdo so don't be rude."

"What about Genna?" I asked. "Did you control her to take those 'skinny pills'."

"What?"

I stood up. "Those were your grandfather's pills."

I picked up my book. "You killed her because you thought everyone liked Genna more than you. How petty."

"How did y-"

"I know everything about you."

"Wow I'm so scared." She waved her hands sarcastically.

Everyone was still looking. "You should be scared of me." I said.

"Right." She rolled her eyes and pushed me. Again I fell. My lip was bleeding.

I got up not facing her.

"Augghhhh." She yelled. I turned around she was on her knees holding her head.

"You made a big mistake." I whispered to her ear.

"What?" She said in pain. "Genna?"

Genna was standing next to me, I brought her back so she could watch Tracey's slow painful death I was about to give her.

Those other clowns ran away so it was just us now. I guess a dead person was hard for them to look at.

"Err...augh!"
She was in pain I liked it.
"Aughhhhh please stop!" She yelled. She was turning blue.

Genna watched. She bent down in front of Tracey. She opened her hand and gave her blue pills.

"I'm sorry." Tracey said. I found her sorrow and pain amusing.

"Halsey!!!"
I quickly turned. Genna disappeared and Tracey fainted.

Ryn was running towards me. "What are you doing?" She said shaking my shoulders.

"I....she...e-"

"Let's go."she said.

Tracey woke up. I stepped towards her. "Who is in control?" I asked.

She looked at me. Piercing green eyes.

I turned to Ryn. We walked home both saying nothing.
Just hurtful silence.