chapter 4

" They complain when they get what they want cause it's not enough..." I was singing what looked like a song in the book I found.

I was in the attic. I could see the meadow from in here so I'm always here.

Ryn came up. "Hey." She said placing a plate of cookies on a small desk along with a cup of hot chocolate.

I continued with my book. "Halsey....what you did....using your powers....you need to learn how to control them along with your emotions."

I rested my head on the window pane and looked at her.

"Ryn. She deserved it she killed Genna."

"Yeah but sometimes I think your only a-"

She stopped.

"Only what?"

" Never mind."

"Okay."

"Just control your powers."

"...okay."

She got up to leave.

"Ryn?"

"Yes Halsey."

"Sing a song."

"Sure." She walked over to the old piano and dusted it off a bit. Her brown hair often reminded me of my adopted mother.

"Let the night come, dim the light some, whiskey lemon, let the time come way slow, let the record play low, like the sun goes way low, lay me down like lay low, oh stay low."

She looked back at me. I gestured for her to continue.

"No it's time for bed good night."

"Night."
She went down stairs. I looked out at the setting sun one more time. It always made the meadow look magical.

I went down stairs and got ready for bed after eating the cookies and drinking the hot chocolate Ryn left for me.

I braided my hair, put on my pyjamas and got in to my bed.

I stared at the ceiling. That book was so mysterious. It spoke if demons, pirates a man named Stanley le blanc.

He had great adventures some I wish I had. He sailed all the Caribbean starting from Barbados, battled the pacific ocean and often visited Rome.

The book never said why he did. But the most suspicious thing was the old map stuck in the middle of it.

"Aughhh." A shooting pain wen through my head. It felt like someone was stabbing me. Almost as if they wanted my secrets. "Ahhhhhh." I looked up and saw the pages of the book being turned.

"Who ever you are stop it right now!" A blue light flashed. And I heard a thud. The book fell to the ground.

My head pain stopped. I looked at it. A sketch of a man was on the page. Stanley le blanc was written at the bottom.

I stared at him for a while. Then I went to sleep.