♥Chapter 4♥

I woke up early in the morning. I was the only one awake until a few minutes later. Kit was also up.

"Morning" I stretched and yawned.

"Good morning..." He said, sitting up and rubbing his eyes.

I stand up and walk towards the salty ocean water. I took off my black jacket and rolled up my leggings slightly higher, then dipped my feet in the water. The feeling of my feet sinking into the wet but warm sand relaxed me. I sat on a rock near the shore but kept my feet in the water. Now was a good time to relax and sort my emotions and thoughts out.

As I stared down at the waves lapping gently against the rock, I thought about what had happened yesterday. The airport, the stranger, the explosion, Even though I tried to avoid one certain thought, my mind always kept drifting back to the last thing Ace had said.

"Not as beautiful as you..." he had said. I felt like melting just by thinking about it. Did it mean anything? Does he like me? Or was he just giving a compliment? I decided to just stick with the last one and took my mind off him.

Kit climbed up on the rock and joined me. "What are you doing?" He asked, then looked at me with his huge, green eyes.

"Just sitting and thinking." I said, resting my head on one hand. I skipped a pebble across the water with the other.

"Thinking about what?"

"Ac-uhhh, I mean the ocean." I said, stopping myself from saying the name. "The ocean's really...uh...cool." Even though I was talking about big bodies of water, the event from last night had somehow managed to make it's way in my head.

Kit gave me a suspicious look. I plastered a smile on my face to reduce his suspicion. After what seemed like forever, he finally looked away and to the ocean. "Even though I can't really swim in it, it does look cool." He said, sadly.

"Why not?"

He then shoved his burning tail in my face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So, what's the plan?" Nero demanded. "Are we just going to stay here forever?"

"Just give me time to think!" Maria shot back. "Even though you guys think that I'm the brainy one out of all of us doesn't mean I can think of solutions like magic." She sighed then brushed her dark cyan hair out of her eyes.

It was midday and the second day of being out of civilization. I sat in the shallow waters of the shore with my shirt and leggings on. I didn't care if my clothes got wet. All I wanted was to stay out of everyone else's conversation and be by myself.

"It's been only a day since we've been out here so it should not be that bad." Xia said.

Then shortly after, I felt something brush my foot. I looked down and saw a red crab pinching my fluffy tail. I yelped in surprise and jumped up, but the crab still held on. Good thing my tail barely had any nerves on it.

"Ahahahaha! What happened to you?!" Ace said from behind.

I swung around to see Ace also in the water with his shirt and pants rolled up. He was holding a huge cream-coloured seashell.

"A crab just pinched my tail and won't let go." I said, grabbing the crab by it's leg. One of it's pinchers then pinched my wrist which made me let go. "This is irrating me."

"Then I guess you're in a...crabby situation. Right?" He said with a smirk.

At first it didn't make sense until five seconds passed. "Ohhhhhhh I get it..." I laughed to myself. "I like you!"

"Thank you." He said, bowing.

Then it was only ten seconds later did I realize what I just said.