♥Chapter 5♥

"Hey, Ace?" Xia said behind me.

"Yeah?" I replied, staring at the jungle's trees and branches.

"Ever wonder what this does?"

Upon hearing this, I turn around curiously to see what she was up to. Just when she took out her hand and revealed two stubs under, I instantly panicked.

"No! Don't do that!!!" I yelled as my voice rang throughout the jungle.

She was about to push me away with her metal arm until a blade and some sparks popped out.

"Whoaaaaa is that a dagger?" She looked terrified as I was.

"Umm"

"You let Jay* do this?!" Xia exploded (but not literally).

"Okay, okay calm down." I said. "I didn't know and I don't think he knew about it after he turned normal*."

Xia sighed and glared at the ground. "Guess your right." She put her hand back on. "Dang with all these sparks flying everywhere I can feel the power draining..."

Suddenly she bolted upwards and ran right up to me with the same terrified face. "OH MY GOD WHAT IF I DRAIN MY BATTERY?! HALF OF MY BRAIN NEEDS IT I'M GONNA DIIIEEEEE-"

"Dammit Xia." I laughed. "I remembered when your battery got drained and you were just fine." I start walking back with handfuls of sticks and leaves. "Plus, after that, someone decided that you should have solar panels installed somewhere
..." I pointed to her left eye.

"Oh. Well then guess I have nothing to worry about really." She shrugged. "Besides the ocean."

We started to head back with some wood.

*events from "Out of the Cold"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Afternoon rolled in and there was still no sign of Mika or Icy.

"Have you seen them anywhere?" Violet asked. "I'm getting really worried for them. Especially at night."

"True." I shrugged. "We don't know what's in that jungle anyway." I took a tiny step away from her. Even though she did look a little like Xia, her expression and tone made her look more serious and scary.

Minutes passed and almost everyone was on the beach except for Mika and Icy.

"Y'know what? I'm going to look for them" Nero said. "Neon, wanna come?" He called out to his twin.

"Nah. I'm too tired anyways." She replied, flopping backwards into the sand.

"I'll come with you." Soni said.

Nero and Soni both flew above the tall trees and started looking.

"Aren't you going too?" I asked Silkver.

"I wish." Silkver replied.

Suddenly, a scream rang through the trees and light and thunder struck one of the areas in the jungle shortly after. Silkver jumps to her feet but I ran through the trees. I tried to look for any signs the rabbit and icy cat may have gone through and called out their names.

"Icy! Mika-!" I carelessly trip over a tree root and fall face-first into the ground. Ow. When I looked up, I saw Mika standing shocked with her finger pointing at something while Icy hides behind her.

Mika blinks as she slowly lowers her arm then looks at me. "What are you doing here?" She asked.

"I came here to look for you and Icy." I replied, dusting some dirt off my clothes. "Everyone's been worried for you two and- oh crap." I said suddenly.

"What?"

I looked at the dead giant moths and spiders Mika was pointing at before. They all looked like they had been burnt to crisps. "What. Is. That?"

"Um, me and Icy just came across them." She said. "But we managed to get away. By the way, have you ever tried eating cooked spiders?" A smile had formed on her face.

I felt like puking in my mouth. "No and I will never."

"Okay then." She shrugged. "Let's go."

We were about to walk back when I decided to hold Mika's hand. A little blush and a questioning look settled on her face.

"Just so you won't get lost..." I said trying to avoid eye contact with her.