Bump

I was kneeled in front of the toilet, throwing up. Sherlock was behind me, picking up my hair so nothing would get in it.

"I hate this.."

"Honey, only seven more months." Sherlock leaned down, kissing my cheek. My stomach churned and I barfed.

"I'm sorry Persephone."

"It's not your fault." I got off my knees, my butt hitting Sherlock's feet. Sherlock put his hands under my arm pits, picking me up.

"Yeah it kind of is."

I leaned against him, trying not to puke. This baby was such a trouble maker. I could only drink coffee or water, and only eat steak, potatoes, and crackers. Any other food and I barf it up.

"No Sherlock.. Stop."

I brushed my teeth, cleaning the frick out of my mouth. Sherlock came up behind me, putting his hands on our stomach.

"I wonder if its a boy or a girl." His chin balanced on my shoulder. Sherlock looked so lovable right now that I couldn't resist it. I turned, spitting out the toothpaste. I kissed him, the toothpaste going on his face too.

"Aw come on!"

"You Deserved it." I rinsed out my mouth and turned.

"Don't you wonder sometimes?"

"I hope it's a boy and it looks like you."

"I hope the baby looks like you."

"Well you two look rather alike so come on." Watson was at the door. He smiled at me. "Are you feeling better?"

"I hate that I can only eat those things."

"Well you'll be used to it soon."

Sherlock wrapped his hand around mine, leading me out to the living room. In the kitchen, he lifted up my shirt, getting down on his knees just like he did two months ago.

"I'll keep you safe. Just like your mummy. I hope you have your mothers eyes and her smile." Sherlock looked like he was about to cry.

He then kissed my stomach, and act he has done so many times, yet this time it was so sweet it made me cry.

"Sherlock.. You are just..." I got on my knees, kissing Sherlock. My hands cupped his cheeks, stroking his cheekbones.

We were on our knees on the kitchen floor together. We put our foreheads together and I closed my eyes. I imagined him holding our child, smiling with that smile of his.

"Baby... Never let me go."

"You'll stay in my arms."

|Sherlock's POV|

I picked up Persephone, carrying her to the living room. I sat her in my chair, curling her up in a blanket and my coat. I picked up the violin next to the chair and smiled.

"What tune do you want?"

"Claire de lune?" Persephone's eyes smiled instead of her mouth, and I couldn't help but smile more at her. Persephone set her hands on the little bump, closing her eyes.

I played for her, my fingers toying with the strings. The bow dragged across the strings like Persephone's heart beat.

I watched Persephone while I was playing. Her body seemed to relax, the stress from her face edging off. Persephone seemed happier, at peace. That's when I started to try to sing. I changed the violin tune to the song.

"You're just a small bump unborn, in four months you're brought to life,

You might be left with my hair, but you'll have your mother's eyes,