Surprising News

|Sherlock's POV|

I reached St. Bart's medical center around 30 minutes after John texted me. Bursting through the door, I told them my name and I told them Persephone's. The nurse recognized me from before and rushed me into the room they were staying.

Persephone's eyes were open, shirt up. John was holding her hand and the doctor was rubbing the scanner on her stomach.

"Are you her fiancé?"

"Yes I'm sorry I was at work and.."

"It's okay Sherlock. Come look at our children."

"Children?" I walked behind Persephone's bed and looked at the ultrasound. There were two little moving masses on the screen.

"What does.."

"Mr. Holmes. Your fiancé is pregnant with twins. Congratulations." The doctor smiled at Persephone and I. "Well I will leave you three alone. Ill be in in a few moments."

I gripped onto Persephone's shoulders, looking down into her eyes. I couldn't believe it. We were not blessed with just one, but two children.

"They'll both have your eyes." I leaned down, kissing her nose.

"Hopefully they'll look like you though hon."

"Hopefully I'm named Godfather." Persephone and I turned our heads to John. He blushed and looked down.

"Of course John. I also am.. If one of the children is a boy, his name is going to be Alexander John. After you and after my father."

"Really?!" John had tears in his eyes and he wiped them away really fast.

"Yes. And also, Sherlock decided that you are going to be the Godfather. And Yvonne.. Since you two are a thing.. She'll be the godmother."

"Oh wow.. Sherlock really?"

I just nodded, knowing that it was actually all Persephone's idea. I thought about it for quite some time but couldn't wrap my mind around the idea. I put my hand's on Persephone's shoulders, squeezing them. 

"Well this is some news isn't it?" Lestrade came in and smiled at the three of us. "The great Holmes having twins. I'm glad for you. At least you won't get as bored."