Chapter 14

When Tio Mateo arrives back at the hospital he finds Levi in his room alone. "Where is your sister?" he asks Levi.

"She went to get food." he says without looking up from his phone.

Mateo pulls up a chair next to Levi's bedside, "You know you can always talk to me right?"

"But I don't, so why are you asking?" he says in an uninterested tone which causes Mateo to grab the phone from him. "Yo what the f-"

"Boy, you don't want to make that mistake." Mateo says before Levi can finish his sentence. "Make you stay another two weeks in this hospital." he says in a sternly.

                "You want to fight me too?" Levi says, "You want to break my other arm? Or give me a concussion? You're welcome to if you want B."

                Mateo sighs, "That's not where I'm getting at Levi."

                "Then tell me where you're getting at!" he shouts at Mateo, "Last time I checked, you ain't the one in the hospital!" he snaps at him.

                "Don't make it seem as if I didn't try to prevent this!" Mateo shouts back at Levi. "Last time I checked, you are the one who declined my offer to stay with me." he snaps at him, staring at him in a dead silence.

Suddenly Levi starts to breakdown, "Yo Tio, why my father don't love me?" he says in between tears, "What the fuck did I do for him to hate me so fucking much?" he says quietly.

"I don't have all the answers. But I know your mom love you more than anything." Mateo says to him calmly, " loved you since the first day you were born, I remember your first steps, first words, first day of school and first 100 you got on your test. But just know I would be more than grateful to have such an intelligent young man like you to be my son." he says to him as he pulls him into a hug. A few seconds later he hears noise at the door and turns to see Terah crying her eyes out. "Aww come here baby girl." he says to her as she runs to his side, "I love you too." he says as he kisses her on her forehead. "I love you both." he says as he holds both of them in his arms.