Chapter 5

“Levi, say something." Kristina whispers to him at the table in the library.

"Like what?" he says to her dryly.

"I don’t want her here!” she whispers angrily to him.

“Why not? she’s hot." he says to her as he watches her give him a stern look. "And she wants to be your friend, which is gonna make us friends. You know what I’m saying.” he whispers back to her with a devilish grin.

“Bu-“ she tries to protest.

“So, how come we haven’t talked before beautiful?” he says as he turns to Vanessa cutting off Kristina before she could start talking.

“Well you’re barely in school and I haven’t been to any parties lately.” she says with the widest grin on her face from across the table.

Levi gets up and walks to the other side of the table to sit next to her, “Well were gonna have to change that.” he says in her ear as he picks up her hand and kisses it.

 Oh no not in my face, “Sooo are we going to do math or what?” she says with a disgusted face.

“Not yet Tina." Vanessa says with an attitude. "I want to talk to Levi first if that’s okay?” she says with a puppy dog face.

“Of course it’s okay! Tina, here go buy some chips or something” Levi says to Kristina as he goes in his pockets and puts money in her hand without moving his eyes from Vanessa’s face.

Kristina makes another face as she gets up and walks away. Why the heck is she calling me Tina like I know her from somewhere?, “Stay calm Kristina, she’s just another whore.” she whispers to herself. She's so wrapped up in her private venting session, she bumps into a stranger.

“Hey, are you good?” says a voice in front of her.

Kristina looks up and sees an unfamiliar boy who just so happens to be completely gorgeous. With a sun kissed complexion accompanied by piercing bold grey eyes and with curly black hair. But what stuck out to Kristina more was the stubble on his chin “Uhm yea thanks. Do I know you?” she says with a puzzled look on her face.

“Nope, but I think I know you.” The stranger says with a grin.

Her heart begins to accelerate, OMG OMG! OMG! OMG! He must be one of those serial killers like I see on TV, stay calm Kristina, then he won’t kill you. What do I-

He begins to laugh interrupting her train of thought, “I’m sorry that was a creepy, I don’t you I was just kidding. My name is Javier.” He says as he puts out his hand for her to shake.

Lies. Lies. Lies. She shakes his hand with a nervous chuckle. “Oh, hello my name is umm Kristina.”

"Well it's nice to meet you Kristina. You're very pretty." Javier says to her with a smile.

This serial killer is trying to seduce me! Kristina blushes, Time to get at away. "Yea it's nice to meet you too." Kristina says as she starts to walk away.

"Hey!" Javier calls after her.

"Yes?" Kristina says nervously as she turns around to face him.

"I'm looking for somebody and I was wondering if you can help me."

"I don't really know anybody in this school ...." she says nervously as she starts to walk.

Javier follows behind her, "With a girl as pretty as you I'm sure you know lots of people in this school." he says to her with a smile.

Kristina blushes again, Boy serial killers don't give up, "Trust me I don't."

"Well do you know a boy named Levi, Levi Collins?"

Of all the names he could say, he says that one. Kristina sighs, "Unfortunately, I do."

Javier laughs, "Well can you tell me where he is?" I need to talk to him."

"Yea sure. I'll show you where he is." she says as she begins to walk in the direction where Levi is.

"How do you know him?" he asks as he follows closely behind Kristina.

He's way too close for comfort. "He's kinda my best friend." she says shyly.

"How can he be kinda yo-"

“Yo cuz is that you? What’s shaking?” Levi shouts from his table interrupting Javier's sentence.

“I'm good. What's good with you baby boy?" Javier says as he makes his way to the table.

 “I'm chillin'. How did you get into the school boy?” he says to Javier as he pulls him into a hug.

“Your school ain’t shit, I just flashed them the back of my credit card and a piece of folded up paper to look like a school schedule and kept it pushing.” he says with laugh.

“Boy, you’re crazy for coming in here!” Levi laughs along. "How'd you know where I would be?"

"This beautiful young lady lead me to you." he answers.

"Who?" Levi asks.

"Me. You idiot." Kristina says from behind Javier.

"Ugh what are the chances of you finding this gremlin ..." Levi says to Javier.

"Ahem!" Vanessa clears her throat from her seat.

"You good girl?" Levi asks her.

"How you not introduce me to your friend?" she snaps at him, "Hi, I'm Vanessa." she says to Javier with the biggest smile as she shakes her hand.

"I'm Javier, it's a pleasure to meet you." Javier says as he smiles just as wide back at her. "And you are Levi's girl?"

Before Vanessa gets to answer, Kristina snorts and laughs out loud and when she realizes that she did it out loud, she tries to play it off like as a coughing fit. This Bitch. "ANYWAYS!" Vanessa says angrily towards Kristina, "I'm not his girlfriend but it's in the works." she says to Javier then turns to wink at Levi.

This hoe must be crazy to think I'm going to cuff her. Levi gives Vanessa a strange look then turns to Javier, “But what’s good why are you here? What happened?” he says with concern.

“I'm actually here to talk to you. Your mom is really worried about you, she called my mom and she told me everything.” Javier says to him in a caring tone.

Oh God, “Well there’s nothing to talk about, so you wasted your time coming here.” He says seriously.

“Don’t act like that Lee. I was hoping you can stay with me, at least your mom would know where you are.”

“I don’t need a babysitter or your pity!" Levi shouts at Javier angrily then he takes a breath, "I already got a place to stay.” he says to him calmly.

“Levi, I really think you should hear him out though.” Kristina interjects.

“You don’t want me to stay with you?” he says aggressively.

“No, it’s not even like that, you know it’s only a matter of time before my parents fin-“

How the fuck could she say something like that? “Wow of all people in the whole I would never guess you would curve my shit in my time of need. That’s some shit but it’s cool though, just put my shit in a box and throw it outside and I’ll pick it up off of the curb tonight!” he says to her coldly as he pushes pass them and leaves the library. The whole library is quiet just looking wildly at Kristina and Javier.

“What the hell just happened?” Vanessa asks, "And why the hell would he be sleeping at your house?!" she presses Kristina.

“Uhm I …”she can’t even respond, I think I just lost my best friend.

This didn't go the way I planned, “Shawty come on, let’s go find him.” Javier says as he grabs her hand and walks out the library.