Chapter 3 : Support Group

Selena's POV

I hate this damn support group. The bland manila colored walls and everything nailed to the floor. That's right. All the chairs and tables are nailed to floor, just in case someone has a nervous break down.

I pick at my clothing nervously, anxiety filling my body for a reason I don't know. I'm probably nervous because we're getting a new person in our group and I get nervous around new people. The last person we got was a total creep and made me super uncomfortable so I guess I'm just anxious to see who the next weirdo is. Everyone around me gets silent. The door opens. Instantly small whispers fill the room.

Our group leader speaks,

"Excuse me everyone! Settle down, settle down! This is our new group member, please make him feel welcome and at home."
he says with a fake smile on his face

I turn my attention from our group leader to the new kid, whose name I didn't quite hear.

He doesn't look like a weirdo.

His hair is ruffled, but he still manages to pull it off. His eyes have deep dark circles around them, but everyone has dark circles when they first stay here. He has a blank, misty expression on his face, probably from the medication they gave him to help with depression. He's very skinny, his shirt drooping over his shoulders, threatening to swallow him any second, but there's still something mysteriously charming about him. He takes a seat on the opposite side of the circle and looks down at the floor.

"Okay kiddos! Why don't we all introduce ourselves?!" Jason, our group leader instructs, with a little too much enthusiasm.

Everyone goes around and stands up and states their first and last name. I stand up, hoping to get this over with quickly.

"Hi, my name is Selena Gomez," I say and rush back down to my seat

Everyone else states their names as I tap my foot impatiently waiting for it to be the new kids turn.
When it's finally his turn, the room grows quite as he stands up slowly.

"Hi, um, my names, um Justin." he says shuffling back into his chair.

"And your last name?" Jason asks

"Um, Bieber." he says softly

I play around with his name on my tongue while I wait for this boring meeting to be over.

My eyes wander around until I realize Justin is staring at me. We make eye contact for a few seconds until we both look away, blushing.

Once the meeting is over I wait for the room to clear a bit and I walk over to Justin.

"Hey, I'm Selena, I heard you're new here?" I say, as happy and cheery as I possible can muster

"Uh.. Yeah I got here the other day" he replies

"I heard you tried to run. We all did, trust me, you can't get out of this hell hole" I say as he chuckles politely at my comment

"Hey, it gets better," I add trying to cheer him up as much as possible

"hmm yeah" he says, obviously not believing what I just said

"How about we grab some lunch? I can show you around the place?" ask as kind as I can be

He hesitates, thinking about his answer.
"Y...Yeah sure," he stutters

Justin's POV

We eat lunch and roam around, Selena guiding me and showing me the parts of this place that I hadn't seen yet. Her hair shimmers as she walks and her eyes sparkling whenever she talks. She's been so nice to me and I hope we can become friends. A friend is what I really need right now.

"I have something to show you." She says with a playful grin dancing across her face

She doesn't wait for a response as she turns the corner into another hallway. We walk through a couple hallways until we end up in a library filled with books. Confused, she leads me to the back of the library to a shelf full of the classics.

"You ready?" she asks

"Watch this," she adds, pulling the case with her hands

The whole shelf opens like door. Which once I looked at it, I realized it was. The bookshelf was a secret door. Amazed, Selena leads me into the room. She closes the door softly and I take in the sight of the room. It's not anything too special, but in the corner is a pile of books and blankets with a stack of large fluffy pillows.

"I come in here whenever I'm sad or lonely" she says, looking down at her feet while playing with her thumbs nervously

"This room is..... dope" I say stupidly

She lets out a light laugh

"Thanks, you're welcome to come here whenever you're lonely. I have some of my favorite books there in the corner," she says pointing to where the books are.

"This can be our..... hideout." she adds looking at me nervously for a response

"Yeah... I would like that" I say with a small grin

-----------

Sorry I never update I've been working on this chapter for like a gazillion years

I hope you like the story so far 🙆🏼

please vote :)