Chapters 5+6

Chapter 5 (Nicola's POV)

I was up most of last night trying to figure out the code. And guess what? At 4am Sarah got up, took a quick glance at the paper and realised that she used the code when she was at college!

Anyway we sat up for about ten more minutes and we had solved the whole letter. She then got a glass of water and went back to bed. That girl amazes me sometimes...

But i know for sure that when Cheryl reads the letter and finds out the code... She won’t be happy...

Cheryl was right last night when she said that K is messing up our heads, because the code is actually just a stupid school code which kids usually use to pass notes in class.... That’s why Sarah could understand it...

The code is something which students and even some adults use in their conversations; it is to prevent their secrets being shared with their enemies. It is commonly known as Pig Latin... or as they like to call it Igpay Atinlay.

The rule of Pig Latin is very simple and that’s why school kids can be so fluent with it. Anyway the code is, if the word begins with a vowel, you just leave it as it is and add on ‘way’ to the end of it. For example... Inside, would be changed into Insidway. Whereas if the word begins with a non-vowel you put the first letter to the end of the word and just add ‘ay’, like Horse would become Orsehay.... Simple isn’t it... That’s why we needed Sarah to crack the code....

The door behind me opened and out walked Sarah, she sat down beside me deep I thought...

“Something on your mind Sarah...?”

“Kind of...”

“Wanna talk about it...?”

“I’m not sure how you would react to it....” hmmm this is weird... I’ve actually never seen Sarah so concentrated about something....

“Come on Sarah what is it...?”

“I... I... I love... Someone...

“Awwww that’s great Sarah...” she cut me off

“No, it’s not!”

“Why, who do you love...?”

“I... I... I love N....”

“Hey guys....” Perfect timing Nadine....

As soon as Nadine came in and sat down on the opposite sofa, Sarah went bright red.  I looked at Nadine then back and Sarah.... N... OMG Sarah is in love with Nadine...

“OMG...” Nadine looked at me weirdly then Sarah realised what I had caught on to...

“What’s wrong Nic?” I looked at Nadine. sh!t what excuse can I use...?

“Ummmm...” Sarah stepped in and said

“She’s just a bit scared about Cheryl’s reaction....”

“Cheryl’s reaction about what?”

We all turned around to see Cheryl standing at her bedroom door... out of the frying pan and into the fryer...

“Well, I’m waiting....” I could see Nadine and Sarah weren't going to answer any time soon, so I took the leap into the Dragon’s den....

“Well... Chez... We figured out the code...” She looked at me with raised eyebrows

“And....?”

“It’s Pig Latin...” I whispered it under my breath... But she still heard...