Sweet and Sour -June's POV

1 unread message:

iamjamesmcvey: Hey, June.

junewinters: James? As in The Vamps James?

1 unread message:

iamjamesmcvey: the one and only ;)

junewinters: Oh. Hi.

I wonder briefly how he got my IM, but to be honest, I’m much too tired to ask.

1 unread message:

iamjamesmcvey: How’s it going?

junewinters: Fine. Well. As fine as it can.

1 unread message:

iamjamesmcvey: Yeah. I’m sorry. You know I’m always here to talk.

junewinters: Thanks. I’ll pass though.

1 unread message:

iamjamesmcvey: That’s okay. Worth a shot. What are you doing today?

junewinters: Nothing, really.

1 unread message:

iamjamesmcvey: Want some company with that? I could bring over a movie. We could order in?

I smile. That had been what I was planning on doing anyway.

junewinters: I have movies, but Thai sounds great?

1 unread message:

iamjamesmcvey: Sounds perfect. I’ll be over in 15?

junewinters: See you then. :)

iamjamesmcvey is offline.

I glance behind me and guiltily click on James’ page. Out of curiousity, you understand, of course.

Name: James McVey

Age: 19

Occupation: ¼ of The Vamps

Relationship status: In a relationship.

I feel oddly disappointed at this, I hardly know him.

I do a quick, half-hearted tidy-up. It’s not perfect, but it’ll do, I suppose.

I throw a couple of empty cans into the bin, and chuck all the dirty mugs lying around into the sink.

I change my pyjama shirt for a white I am Sherlocked t-shirt (A/N tell me if you get the reference, we can be fwiends), and pull on some skinny jeans. I leave my fluffy socks and my bed-hair, and hope he doesn’t mind.

The doorbell rings as I’m putting on eyeliner flicks. I quickly finish them and go to the door.

I smile up at James and invite him in by stepping away from the door and holding my arm up.

“Hi. Tea?”

“Yes, please. I brought Thai.” He holds up a brown paper bag. “It’s hot though. Tea first.”

I nod in agreement, taking the bag from him and putting it on the counter.

“Milk?”

“Please.”

“Sugar? Oh, wait, we don’t have any. Never mind.”

I pull two clean mugs out of the cupboard. (We seem to have an abundance of mugs) I pop two teabags in and wait for the kettle, making small talk with James, about the band, Thai food, and whatever the fuck is going on between Tris and Kayla.

I set a steaming hot mug out in front of him.

“Astonishingly British, eh?” James says and I laugh.

We sit in a comfortable silence, listening to the sounds of London outside and quietly drinking our tea, ignoring how it scalds our throats.

When we finish our tea we take the food to the sofa and put on a film from Netflix, helping ourselves to the food. There’s plenty for both of us and I blush when our hands touch by the sweet ‘n’ sour sauce.

Sigh. School soon. I want it to be the holidays forever.

Anyway.

If any of you are phans check out my tumblr where i post fanfics about dan and phil. MysteryGirl204.tumblr.com

Thanks!

Comment Martin Freeman aka adorable hedgehog for next chapters dedication. Ily.