What has he done to me? - Kayla's P.O.V

Kayla's P.O.V

I slowly crawled out of bed. I yawned and stretched before I pulled on Brooke's favourite Granny cardigan.

I made my way into the kitchen and put some bread into the toaster. I sat up on the kitchen counter and turned on the radio. 'How To Save A Life' by The Fray came on. Every single word of the song was true to me.

I could have pushed Brooke out of the way, I could have saved her.

I heard the 'pop' of the toaster. I hopped off the counter and picked up my blackened toast, which fell apart in my hands.

Just like my life has.

I angrily threw the toast across the kitchen and looked up to see June standing in the doorway. She had tear stains around her eyes.

I ran into her arms and we both sobbed into each other's shoulder.

June then made us both unburned toast and we munched it while not really paying attention to the radio, lost in our thoughts.

"Why don't we go out today? " I suggested.

June groaned at the thought.

"Please, we should really go out. What about shopping?" I said and I knew June would say no. "All on me" I added.

"LET'S GOOOOOO" June yelled, brightening up.

"Well maybe get dressed first" I told her and she gave me a small smile.

I decided to wear a pinkish long sleeved top and full length dungarees. I let my hair down in loose, natural curls and slid my warn out white converse onto my feet.

Next I brushed my teeth and washed my face. I then grabbed my white, over the shoulder bag and filled it with everything I needed.

"You ready yet June?" I asked knocking quietly on her door.

"Yeah" came the faint reply. June opened the door and she was wearing, black doc's, black jeans and Brooke's favourite top. It was white and said 'The Beatles' across it in swirly writing.

I smiled sadly at June. "Shall we go?" I asked.

"Yeah" she sighed. June sniffed and then I hugged her. She began to cry lightly into my shoulder.

"Everything will be alright in the end, if it's not alright, then it's not the end" I told June.

"I love that quote" June said wiping her eyes.

"So did Brooke" I mumbled. I hugged her again and we both made our way down to the bus stop as neither of us could drive...

As we sat on the bus I pulled my ear phones into my phone and passed one to June. She took i and we both listened to Ed Sheeran.

The bus ride seemed to be taking ages.

At one stop I gazed out the window.My gaze fell upon a blonde guy. He was tall, slim, had bright blue eyes and high cheek bones.

His eyes locked with mine and he began to smile.

Do I know him?

The bus began to move again and his face fell.

"KAYLA!" He yelled.

I turned my head and realised who he was.

I jumped up out of my seat and squeezed past June.

"What are you doing Kayla?" she asked as I pressed the stop button.

I ran down the aisle.

"Please stop the bus" I cried.