Sorry

I was awoken in the middle of the night, with horrible pains. I got up and realized I couldn't move much at all. I was dizzy and felt very nauseous. I managed to lean over to the side of the bed and vomited. I hoped dad was home now, not knowing what time it was and so I screamed for him. I yelled and vomited again.

No one came though, was this the end?

I vomited once more and tried my hardest to scream for him, but I was getting weak.

Is this what happens when you try coming off drugs?

I thought about going to the cabinet for medication, sounded good. It might help since I was alone the medication could take the pain away.

But I couldn't move.

I tried to pull myself to the end of the bed, and with some effort managed to climb to the floor and started to crawl to the bathroom.

I felt so sore, like the walls were caving in on my body.

I started to panic, I was starting to shake and badly. I was dying.... or so I thought

I had finally reached the bathroom and once again, I vomited. This time I was sitting up with my back against the wall. Just as I thought my life couldn't get worse, I started to loose my vision. I was getting sleepy and started loosing consciousness.

Just then I heard dad's voice, and hers. His girlfriend started screaming and dad ran to my side.

I wanted to tell him to leave me alone, to go help himself. But all I managed to get out was mumbles. I wanted to tell him I needed medication, that I was dying and I knew he wouldn't understand. Instead in a last ditch effort to try and save myself, I lunged forward, knocking him over and ran to the bathroom to the cabinet.

How did I get that strength? Doesn't matter, I need medication. I need drugs.... I NEEED....

"Mia, don't.... " Dad said frantically. "Mia, your not dying, your just going through withdraws from the drugs. Your going to be ok. You can't take medication."

I paused for a moment, then ran to the toilet and vomited again.

I felt arms around me, dads arms. He held my hair as I vomited and vomited again.

"I know it seems bad now, but trust me if you take those drugs it will only get worse. I've been through this before kiddo, please trust me, your not dying. Your body is simply detoxing and getting rid of the bad stuff."

I know he said this in a childish way, but it seemed to work. I got the message. I turned around and looked up at him, and somehow I managed to say

"Help, I can't do this........ I can't be alone."

"I know babe, relax. Your not alone, we are here with you. I am here and she said she would be here too. Just calm down, relax it's ok."

He was brushing my hair with his fingers, and wiping vomit off my face. How could he do this, how could he help me when he too, was struggling.

I felt tired, and started to close my eyes and I heard him say I love you, and I fell asleep.