Chapter 8-Mind Games

Was Anna dating Niall? Or were they just friends? There were a million thoughts running through my head...I was unaware of what to do. I really did like Niall, even if he was heartless. The door handle twisted...who could it be? Niall tip-toed in, with a shy smile on his face. He then started, "Alexa, I like  you too. A lot. " 

There were butterflies in my stomach. 

We both stared at each other. I was so confused! If he liked me why was he kissing Anna? Why has my love life always been such a mess? Niall slowly came up to me, was he trying to kiss me? I backed away. He looked at me in confusion. "Alexa, what do you want? I know I want you, but you seem to be confused." Niall said in sadness. I slowly looked down, kind of ashamed of myself. He was right, I was confused, one minute I want him, but when he comes to me I turn away.

 I replied, "I am confused, and i'm sorry for that. Though you can't expect me to kiss you if you were just kissing Anna." He had a blank face, pretending that I said nothing. Maybe I'm not the one confused, Niall is. Why was he so good at playing with my mind? 

He still had not replied, we were both just standing there, in confusion. I said, "Look Niall, I don't think this is going to work out. " He looked down at his hands, I brushed passed him and headed out of the room.