~IV~

The next week was normal. During the day, I was with Casey; riding, walking, playing. During night, as well as sleeping, I was concentrating on changing. Mum was right - the more I changed less painful it was. By the end other week I'd mastered centaur form, it hardly hurt.

Unfortunately, Casey saw the effect on me. I was getting little sleep and had very little energy due to it. My head hung low and I lay down as often as I could. She knew something was wrong.

'Hello gorgeous boy, you feeling any better today?' She asked as she skipped into the stable. Slowly I raised my head and stood up, approaching her at the door. My head Nuzzled into her shoulder as she reached round to hug me.

'School was bad today. Kyle and Jackson decided they'd steal my things and hide them. Not even the teachers would help me. I can't wait for secondary school. New friends, new school. Its going to be amazing!' She explained. 'Want to ride? Will that make you happier? I'll take it easy on ya.' How could I resist?

We took a small trot around the paddock and ended up by the big tree where we layed for a while. This is one of my favorite spots in the whole world. Me and Casey always played here and crashed here after, seeking the shade from the big tree.

'Oh Caspian, what would I do without you? You're a girls best friend. You're always there for me and have never let me down.' She said trying to keep her eyes open. Casey came over to me and cuddled into me, yawning at the same time. Soon, her breathing slowed and she fell asleep. I wasn't far behind her either.

When my eyes opened, it was dark. The stars were dancing in the indigo sky, blessing us with their grace. Realising the time, I nudged Casey with no avail. She was so cold also. That's when I realised something was wrong. I called for my mother and her mother, hoping to be heard. I got no reply.

Awkwardly, I took her top in my mouth lifting her and putting her on my back. After a couple of attempts, she was evenly balanced on the saddle. Now was the hard part, standing. I stayed as even as I could and managed to keep her on my back. I walked with great haste, being careful not to knock her off, back to the house. Her mum rushed out and gave me a congratulatory pat, getting Casey and taking her indoors. Eventually I walked back to the stables, knowing she was been looked after. Luckily her dad was in the barn so I could sleep without tack on.

'Good boy. Thank you for coming back with her. I just hope she's OK. We've called an ambulance and we're praying for the best. Without you she could have died. Thank you.' He patted my neck and lead me into my stable.