Flan

For social studies Cynthia and I are bringing in flan. So, yesterday Cynthia came over and we made it. It was quite an adventure though. We were going to get the sugar then we looked and there we couldn't find any, so we called Cynthia's mom and left her a voicemail, then we called Cynthia's step dad and he brought over some sugar, THEN Cynthia's mom texted her saying, "I'm going to bring over the sugar." We both started cracking up laughing... Then we discovered that we had sugar at my house. We had a lot of sugar then, but anyway we made the flan and we had it cook for around 2 hours but it still wouldn't set. Then, we called my aunt because my mom said she might know what to do and my aunt said that she doesn't know what to do, but then she told us that THEY SELL BOXED FLAN MIX, and she had some so then my uncle dropped it off. That flan turned out a little bit better. But, if only we knew they sold mixes at the store because we wasted like three hours trying to make it from scratch. So, we started to make the boxed one then we realized we didn't have enough milk so my mom had to go to the store and get more. Cynthia came around 3:30 and didn't leave until 9:00, and making the boxed mix only took like 30 minutes! I wish we knew they had boxed flan mix from the start.