Chapter 6

"Wake up Gabri, wake up! it's 6:00 already get up!" I heard a voice yelling in my face, trying to wake me up from my slumber.

I opened my eyes and my brown eyes met Sheryl's blue ones.

"Get off me" I said with a groan and pushed her on the left side of my bed.

She was already dressed in a pair of blue jeans and a stripped t-shirt.

I finally got up and went to the bathroom to do my business then went back to my room where I had jeans and shirts lying on my bed. I was trying to see which outfit should I wear when my uncle interrupted me.

"Gabbs, Coach Boone called everyone last night and told everyone to dress formal." He told me then walked away.

I grunted and rolled my eyes not at him but at Boone. Why the hell does he want us to dress formal? We were only going to T.C. to get on the buses then we were driving to Gettysburg College and he wants us to wear suits and dresses when half of us were just going to sleep on the way there.

I shook my head then walked to my closet to find a dress to wear. It took me ten minutes to make myself look presentable. I had my hair styled to make it appear shoulder length with a delicate white head band ,adorned by a rose, going across my forehead. I wore a dress that looked like it could be a two part ensemble. My top was made of lightweight jean fabric, while my bottom half was more fluffy with layered sheer fabric.

About thirty-five minutes later we arrive at the school and I look around and saw that the parents of both races weren't happy and apprehensive about letting their son go to camp. I started walking around and saw the black boys that were in the gym talking to each other, so I started making my way over there to say 'hello'. When I got closer I heard Petey wolf whistle me. He came towards me.

"Gabi! Gabi! Gabi!" he cat-called me while I stood there and he was walking around me in a circle, looking at every inch of my body. "Mmmmhmm..." he said looking at my body and licking his lips.

Petey looked at me and asked

Flirty," Excuse me my fair lady, do you know CPR?

I looked at him confusingly, "Why do you ask?"

I heard the guys laughing. Maybe they know this line but I don't.

"Cause' your beauty may just-" Petey paused and beat his heart to his next words "Stop. My. Heart." he finished.

"You have got to be kidden'" I said to him irately.

"No baby the only thing I got to be is by yo' side." he said biting his lip.

"Fly, fly away." I replied to him playfully while pushing him.

"Oh, to be a fly on the wall of your life." he whispered hotly in my ear.

I put him in headlock and saw some of the guys shock faces.

"Look at here-" I barked at Petey. " I asked you to go away." I finished and let go of him.

He started walking backwards, back to his friends.

"I shall go away" he started saying "But, the memory of you" he paused and pointed at me "Shall linger in my soul for-ev-ver" he said all dramatically.

I rolled my eyes at him and laughed at him. I have a feeling he is going to become a good friend of mine.

I gazed at the people here trying to find Gerry and Ray. I found Alan and his father having a heated conversation. Well, Alan was not saying anything but Mr. Bosley seemed to be going on and on about something and Alan looked uneasy. I started walking over to them.