Page 22.

I was walking home from town " Evan why are you sad" Jack asked lightly looking up at me " I had a bad dream" I lied yet again it hurt worse because he is so young and innocent but yet Delirious has been coming over every other day for the past two weeks.

He hasn't been acting right the past 3 times he seems more distracted he just wants to hold me instead of talk, I don't mind it but yet I wish he would trust me enough to tell me his problems but I will ask again tonight.

We walked inside the house " Can we go out tomorrow" Jack asked as I shut the door " Yes we can if your aloud" I said and he nodded running off and I slowly made my way to our side as I kicked my shoes off and walked to my room.

Once I was inside I slid down my door and hugged my knees crying into them, I just want this all to be over I want to run away with everyone and take Delirious with me away from all of this so I can wake up every morning to him and never worry about if he won't come back.

" Why are you crying" I heard his soft voice and my heart skipped a beat as I quickly plunged into his chest causing him to fall backwards as he chuckled wrapping his arms around me and I just held him tightly crying into his chest.

He picked us up and sat on the bed with me in his arms, I pulled away and he wiped my tears away " Don't leave anymore" I said looking into his eyes and he placed our foreheads together " Evan you keep asking but I have to you know that" he said softly.

" No I'm not asking I'm telling you forget about everything make them think your dead stay with me no one knows your face" I said frantically searching his eyes " Evan" he said in a sad tone.

He cupped my face and kissed me gently before pulling away and laying down bringing me to his chest " Why do you leave" I spoke as he rubbed my back and I heard him take a deep breath.

" Ok well those stories about me some is true, my mother was pregnant to the king but no the queen didn't kill her no we lived away from town so I would be safe, one night my mother said she staged her death and we were safe" he said calmly holding me tighter against him.

" The night of her actual death a group of rich men had found us they were drunk and threatening to turn her in and use her to get whatever they wanted from the king but she fought them she wouldn't go until one of them stabbed her" he said and I could feel his breaths picking up pace.

" The king well my father walked in once he had heard what was going on he tried saving her, he didn't bother to help me no he wanted her but he ended up dying quickly, I was so upset I killed the men that came after my mother once I was done I walked over to her lifeless body and held her I promised never to let this town go to worse I promised to keep the rich in place and crime off the streets" he said pulling back and quickly kissing me.

" So Evan as much as I would love to I cant im risking enough by visiting this much because I'm a wanted man and I want to keep my promise to my mother I have to watch I have to make sure no one rises to power or the others don't kill to many innocents" he said and I felt tears in my eyes as I sat on his lap.

" Then let me help you please if you can't come here then take me with you" I said cupping his face and he frowned " I won't drag you into my life Evan you couldn't kill some I have to" he said taking my hands in his and I raised a brow.

He looked away " I have to kill children because their families force them to become killers Evan that's something you can never unsee and I will never ask you to do" he said and I leaned down kissing his cheek " Then let me help you stop any more from rising up and start killling let me help take the numbers of assassins down" I whispered softly.

" No you will stay here and be safe so I have something to come back too" he said flipping us and staring into my eyes " You live how you have been and let me keep you safe like I've been" he said smiling.

I couldn't stay mad once I looked into his eyes and saw his smile " Come here" I said pulling his face down to mine as I kissed him roughly.

I flipped us as I took his shirt off and started to kiss his chest " You know people call you a killer but I see something far from it I see someone who has dealt with so much pain and is trying to do good but is miss understood but I understand you" I said kissing at his neck.

" You're the only one I want to understand me" he said cupping my face biting my lower lip as his hands explored under my shirt and down my sides to my legs " You take the pain away Evan you show me how to be happy" he side removing my shirt and biting my neck.