Chapter One.

• Dedicated to To all the guys in my life who ispired me.

I reread the texts over and over again. And the same thing kept replaying in my head. How could this be happening??

I mean this has to be a nightmare right?? Alex wasn't like the rest, I mean he promised me. That must count for something right?

I ran my hand through my silky brunette curls, as a tear slid down my cheek. I sighed in exasperation. This was just too much.

I mean, what could I have done this time, to push him over the edge? Was it something I said, or did? Will he come back this time? Or is he truly leaving for good?

All of these questions were racing through my head, as I replied to his heart breaking text.

Me: Why?

I sent the text with so much confusion. I mean, sure we have been having fights here and there, but were they just too much for him to handle?

I looked down, as I felt my phone vibrate in my lap.

Him: Don't worry about it...just please try to move on...

I reluctantly decided not to reply. I mean, what was there to say? The one person I loved the most just broke up with me, for reasons I honestly couldn't understand.

I stood up, and pushed up my glasses, as I tied my hair up in a high pony tail. I took in a long breath, and threw my phone on my bed.

I left the room, and headed for the one destination that could never let me down: my kitchen.

I opened the freezer, as the coldness brushed against my pale, and tear stained cheeks.

I reached for the first bin of Ben & Jerry's ice cream, and headed back upstairs to my room.

I threw myself on to my bed, ice cream in one hand, stereo remote in the other.

I pressed play, as Basic Space by The XX blared through the speakers.

I popped the lid off of the ice cream bin, and began to numbly eat away my problems. Then came the sobbing.

I glanced at the time. 11:11 ㏘. Every night, me and Alex would count down until this exact time to make a wish. Then we would tease each other about it, but would never tell what exactly we wished for.

Lately my wishes haven't been coming true.

Tonight, I'm not gonna make the same wish I usually make every night.

I wish, that I can get over Alex. For good.

I tightly closed my eyes, scrunched my nose, and crossed my fingers.

A single tear slid down my cheek, as memories of Alex came flooding into my head.

I hope it works this time.

-------------------------------------------------