Chapter Ten.

I climbed up the stairs, quickening my pace when I heard my mom call after me. I closed the door tightly behind me, locking it. Of course I didn't slam it, though. I just didn't want her to think I hated her. Because I don't. I just seriously don't feel like talking. To anyone. Can't anyone just respect that?

I dragged my tired legs across the rough white carpet, and slipped my glasses off. I tossed them on the bed then slipped off my flannel, leaving my arms bare against my blue kami. I stretched out across my bed, rubbing my cheek softly against my flowery quilt. There were tons of beautiful patterns of different flowers, knitted ever so neatly. The colors were simple; white, blue, and a ginger touch of lavender.

I turned over, resting my arms against my side. The cotton from my shirt, slightly rubbing against my arm was inviting. Comforting, really, if you wanted to put it that way. My hair fell lightly against my face. I closed my eyes, and laced my fingers gingerly against my cheekbone. I fell into a much needed dreamless sleep, for what seems like hours. It was lovely.

*

I woke to the soft purr of my fluffy friend. I smiled to myself. Buddy must have found his way into my room. I slowly sat up, pushing my hair out of my face, looking around for him. There was no visual sign of him, but I could still hear him purr. I leaned over, picking up my thick quilt, and checked under the bed for him.

Sure enough, there he was, resting against my small, purple bean bag. I smiled, and started calling for him. He was facing the opposite direction, so it was kind of difficult to grab his attention. I persisted  though, until he started to stir.

"Buddy," I continuously called. He picked himself up and looked over at me. I smiled, in hope that maybe he'll come to me. Instead, he turned the other direction, and fell back into his furry warmth. I rolled my eyes, in amusement of his laziness, and hopped off of the bed.

I bent over, slightly, and reached for him. I picked him up, wrapped him in my arms, and pulled him into my lap. At first he started to fight, but quickly gave up. Ha, he's so lazy. I jumped back into bed, cat still in arms. I rubbed my face against his soft white fur. He didn't seem to mind.

Just as I was starting to get comfortable, I heard my name, once again, being called from the bottom of the stairs. I ignored my mothers call at first, dismissing the sudden urgency in her voice, but then sat up, when she mentioned who it was that was asking for me.

"Blue! Honey, someone's here to see you! Blue! Please, come down!" She was asking. I sighed, and pushed my fat cat to the side. I pulled myself up, reaching for my glasses, and stood in front of my green-rimmed wall mirror. I fixed myself up, real quick, then swung my door open.

I jogged down the stairs, and turned the corner, towards the direction of the front door. I looked up to see my mom standing next to a girl. When she mentioned "someone" I figured it was maybe Trista. I definitely didn't expect it to be my new neighbor.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------