Survival Skills

:Abby's POV:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
When we had all woken up, John was the first to read all of our minds.

"I'm hungry Abby."

I smiled at him. I had something in mind.

"Abby, can you make us breakfast, please?", John repeated.

"No John...you're going to make yourself breakfast." I turned to Bella and Michael as well. "We're going to learn something today. It's called survival skills."

"Now", I began. "First thing's first. You've got to know how to make a fire and put it out. Michael will help John. I'll help Bella. Go!"

I showed Bella the same thing I showed Michael. "First, you take a big, dry piece of wood." I demonstrated, and Bella copied me. "Then, take a more smaller piece of wood, and grind the two pieces into each other...like this." I showed her how I rubbed the smaller piece of wood between my two hands so it ground into the other, bigger piece."

We both panted and shook with effort for a few minutes. Finally, we both saw trails of smoke coming from the wood. Bella cheered. "Nice", I said. "Now to put it out, you just have to dump water in it or stomp on it."

Since we didn't have water and the flame was so small, we just stomped on the tiny flame, and it went out.

We both waited until Michael was finished teaching John. Then, I started teaching everyone how to find water.

"First, listen. If you here sounds like humming or splashing then that means that there is probably water nearby." I said.

"But, if that doesn't work, you have to look for animals in trees or on the ground. I mean...use common sense guys. Animals need water. So if they're nearby, water is probably nearby too."

A few minutes later, John and everyone else had learned enough to make themselves breakfast and many other things...like animal traps and medicine.

2 hours later...

"Ok Abby...we get it. We get it. Trust me...we'll survive." Bella laughed.

I sighed. I was sweating all over, because I had been talking for a long, long time. "Ok...but remember what I said." They nodded.

"Hey Abby", Michael said. "Where'd you learn all that stuff, anyways?"

I laughed loudly. "I've gone to summer camp - like - a million times. I guess it just stuck."

A few minutes later, we all started walking again. I was glad to see that I had friends that I could laugh with. Friends that I could cry with. Friends that I could trust.

Not everyone in this world gets to experience that.

****************************************************

A/N: Sorry it's so short. You guys rock. Love you all (not in a lesbian way)!

🤗Thanks soooooooooooo much🤗,

101morgans