Never Give Up.

Abby's POV
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The next day, I woke up thinking about my parents. They seemed to be so close. It was as if they were right next to me - encouraging me to continue this journey. I closed my eyes...wanting to remember...

~flashback~

"Mommy?" I was jumping with glee. I had just walked through the door after the last day of first grade.

"Yes, my love?" She walked over to me, wearing a flour stained apron.

"My teacher says that I've been rewarded Student Of The Year!"

My mother gasped and swept me into a huge hug. "Oh my goodness, sweetie! This is great! Wait until I tell daddy!"

When my father came home and heard the news, he kissed me on the forehead and told the family that: "This calls for a celebration! We're going to Disney World over the summer!"

John and I were so happy that we could hardly speak. Soon, we were in Florida, and I was on the crazy roller coasters.

When I finished riding a particular ride, I started to cry and say that I gave up on all rides at Disney World. They were too frightening.

My father knelt beside me and wiped away my tears.

"Abby", he said. "You must never give up. You must always keep going."

I sniffled and smiled. "Ok, daddy."

He looked at me happily as I took off towards that ride.

I enjoyed it a lot the second time.

~end of flashback~

A silent tear slid down my cheek. I wiped it away and continued walking with John, Bella, and Michael. The fox was prancing right next to us.

My father's words echoed through my head repeatedly as my feet padded on the soft grass.

'Never give up, Abby. You must never give up. Never give up, Abby. You must never give up.'

I didn't intend to.