Chapter 2 "Welcome to Ark"

I wake up, I have no idea where I am. Soft comfortable different clothes, cold air, smell of hand sanitizer... I'm in a mental facility. I swear I am... Getting up carefully seems impossible as I stumble just to get a blanket off me I didn't know was there. Where the hell is the end of the bed, maybe there is a button beside the bed like at a hospital. God I can't find anything...

"Hello?" I ask to an empty room.
My stomach growls in response, but no human answers. I listen to the empty rooms tragic silence and I rethink disturbing it again. 

"HELLO?!" I yell, hoping to hear from someone, anyone.
The door clicks open and clicks shut. Oh fuck...

"Hello?" I lower my voice.
"Who are you?" I ask, concerned.

"I'm Mrs. Pine. I'm your councilor here at Ark Mental Care Institution. Here on your records it says you have depression, is believed to have killed your own brother, and have a new case of blindness probably due to that situation. What can you tell me about this?" Mrs. Pine asks.

My mind immediately starts to figure out how to tell her what happened. Ha, probably a bad idea to tell this lady this. She wont believe me.  Even if she does believe me what can she do?...

Mrs. Pine leaves pissed off a couple minutes later, she can't get a single word out of me.
"Fine Jupiter.. I'll be back to help you to breakfast in a minute."
The door clicks shut but before it can seal all these emotions flood in. 

---

My exploring of this box like room comes to a stop when I hear a small click I remember so dearly but the click does not repeat.

"Breakfast is ready," she sighs "since its your first day ill give you the choice. Do you want to eat in your room or in the cafe?" Mrs. Pine asks with gentleness in her voice.

I do not answer. "Jupiter, do you want to answer me or not?" She asks. Ha, Rude.

The door clicks closed and she gently grabs my hand to lead me back to my bed. "Jupiter, someone came in today and left a letter-" She starts.

Wait what?

"She did not leave her name. I want to make a deal with you. If you answer me, ill read it to you. But if you take your medicine, eat well, and be good ill write her back whatever you want to say. Deal?" Mrs. Pine says. 

"Okay, Deal." I respond with a groggy voice.

"Okay, do you want to eat here or in the cafeteria?" Mrs. Pine asks.

"Cafeteria." I respond.

"Okay" she exclaims. She gently grabs my arms and sits me down onto a wheelchair.

Welcome to Ark.