Chapter 4 "Another Day in Paradise"

A loud click wakes me up to darkness, I scramble to get whatever is on my face off. Rushed footsteps consume me as I scream.

"It's just me! Mrs. Pine, calm down kid!" she says trying to hush my terror. Reality hits me like a truck as I slowly sit up in bed. 

"Don't do that, you give me a heart attack" I respond to her as she checks if I pulled out any stitches.

"Sorry dear, I didn't know I could scare you by just opening your door... jumpy." she says.

"Well, it's Lunch time... Are you hungry? Because Willow is..." says Mrs. Pine. She helps me up and wraps my arm in hers.

"You okay walking there if I help?" She asks.

"Yes, thank you" I respond.

As we enter the cafeteria my chest tightens in excitement to see... hear, my dearest Willow's voice again.

I hear Ava bragging about cult life as I sit down, a hand intertwines in mine. Mrs. Pines shoes click away again off into another area in the room. 

"Hey Will, I guess you're not a square then..." I say calmly.

"Mmmm, yeah I guess I'm not square," Willow says in a soothing tone while squeezing my hand in reassurance. 

"You know her, Jupiter?" A guy asks.

"Yes, this is Willow. She is my best friend." I answer.

"Will, you need need to listen to everything Mrs. Pine says. She will protect us." I say.

"How do you know we can trust her?" Will asks. 

 "She got you here, next to me. I trust that she is our way, to happy living here." I say.

"I'll take your word on this one, but be careful. You are too trusting.." She says.

"What are you in here for Willow?" Ava asks.

"She is in here for killing her mother" I respond for Will.

Something drops in front of me and Willow gasps. 

"Leave her alone." A guy says.

"Oh give it a rest Leo, I was just giving the poor blind girl her food... OOooo Who is this?" Vincent asks.

"This is Willow, she is mine," I say. 

"Jup, I don't like this guy. He looks at you like your his pray..." Willow says, not caring that he can hear her.

"Ouch Willow that really hurt my feelings. No, actually it's a look of, Dammmnn that's some hot blind girl. Mmmm." Vincent says. His hands return back to my face and I get pulled away by Willow's tight grasp.

"Okay Okay Okay, Fine I'll leave. See you around Jupiter. But you probably won't see me. " Vincent says. A brief giggle from Ava makes my face go flush with embarrassment. Darn Him.

---

Willow's POV...

I turn to see Mrs. Pine and the door clicks open. She is a short kind looking brunette wearing scrubs that are a light brown to match her dark brown eyes. Bangs pulled out of her face and into a braid with a clip that seems to been worn down for years. She carries two cups, one that is holding water and one that is small. 

"I don't want to take any drugs..." I say to her as she stands there expecting me to take the glass of water from her.

"Please cooperate." She says to me.

"I am.. I just don't know what drugs you are trying to give me or any of the symptoms. Please tell me everything.." I say. She sighs and sits in the chair next to the bed in the painfully plain room.

She hands me the small cup and I reluctantly take it from her. I look inside the cup to find a round white pill with black writing on it.

"It's called Wellbutrin. It's the strongest dosage. The side effects are your standard dizziness, headaches, insomnia, the normal side effects. They wanted to put you on some calming meds since the murder but I knew you only need some antidepressant." She says.

"Okay enough. Why does Jupiter trust you?" I say cutting her off.

"Because I trust her.. Because she needs someone to take care of her now...  Because I can try to get you two in a room together if you guys are behaving properly. I don't know." She says with a sigh. Must be having a rough day hm.

I reach out to take the glass of water from her and take the medication quickly so I don't regret trusting her.

"Thank you for your cooperation." She says and leaves taking only the small cup with her and clicks the door shut.

"Bye to you too" I sigh.