Chapter 5 "Home"

"They did not even call a doctor that specializes in eye surgeries after word got out about what you did. Small talk our small town seems to change every decision..." Ms. Pine says as she slowly lowers my back to the bed. "The doc took your eyelids and sew them together, just to let you know. We had the bandages on because blood was seeping through. They have you in a lot of pain meds for your loss. What is your pain level right now from one to ten, Hun?" She asks as if she has said that question throughout her whole life. "I guess like a four?" I say slowly warming up to her brassy voice.

Just after that sentence, she must have processed it way faster than I was prepared for because then she lightly unwrapped my head. A whimper inside me escaped because of the unnecessary scabbing onto the bandage. Pine shh'ed me as she lightly pressed a wettened cotton ball of suffering to my pain. The use of this cleaning felt useless and unnecessary as the pain irritated though my skin from her light touches. And that was the last thing I thought about before I must have fainted and then napped the day away.

-----

I wake up from hearing a soft click.

"Good evening, miss mam," Ms. Pine says and her footsteps grow closer. I subconsciously reach up to where my eyes us to reside but then gingerly touch my face. Pine never put on another bandage on after due to the bleeding stopping, I assume. My fingers glide along the stitches protruding from my face.

"I have every one of my patients at the table except you. C'come on girl. It's time to go eat some food." she says while stumbling around with a few of her words while working around the room loudly.

She reaches underneath my arms to place me into the wheelchair but I stand straight up. "I want to walk today. Please just guide me, Pine." I say sternly to get across my point. "Are you sure?" She asks with a tone caring dripping from her voice. "Yes" I say and adjust so that only one arm is looped with her.

The walk to the cafe was quiet. I could hear everyone and everything everywhere. When we stopped a wheelchair creaked and a small whimper came from in front of me. Two arms wrap me in a desperate but warm hug.

"Will, your here..." I say slowly. "Yes I am" her smooth and collected voice breaks my heart. "All of our burdens are gone.. what do we do now?"my word quicken leaving her no room to reply. "Good food, care, no brother or mother to pin us down. But now you are injured and I have no eyes.." I pause to think.

"I know it's too perfect. When life gives you leomonds you ignore them and hope they go away right? Our problems will come back. Don't worry so much." She says in a flat tone. Me and her in this moment drift off speaking to each other.

"Him. Why does he look at us like that?" She says as if she is offended. "Who and like what?"I ask conserned. "He has hazel brown hair along with his devious smile. He looks at us like he just murdered both of us and is pleased with the outcome."her velvet voice makes we want to beg for more information on the boy. "Haha, girl that is Vincent. Silly he is looking at Jupiter. And your going to have'ta ask him to get answers."Ava pecked at me. "Don't leave me"Leo says after a moment of silence passed.

Ava snickered "Don't worry Leo, geez. There is no one leaving you. This is our home."