Eight

Ashton played with Michael's hair as the pale boy was snuggled into his side, sniffling and whimpering every so often.

The poor boy was in so much pain and Ashton couldn't do anything for him, just try and cuddle his pain away, but that won't work and he knew it.

He was fucking frustrated with himself.

"You want something to eat baby boy?" Ashton cooed as he stroked Michael's cheek, wiping away a couple tears and Michael weakly nodded against Ashton's chest.

"What would you like princess?" He asked and Michael pointed to a dish on the small menu the hospital offered, "You want some cake with it pumpkin?" He asked and Michael blushed, nodding and making Ashton giggle before he called the nurse so he could order it. (That's how my local hospital works idk about yours)

When the food arrived, Michael stared at for a bit with a frown, "A-Ash?" Michael whispered, his throat sore from all the crying he's been doing, having also thrown up due to a couple medecines and pain. "C-Can you feed m-me? It hurts-s to lift m-my arms." He managed and Ashton heart broke.

"Of course I will kitten." Ashton cooed and began feeding Mikey his meal, it taking awhile since the poor boy had to eat it slowly because it hurt to swallow and stuff.

"I want them to cut it." Michael whimpered as he finished, "Cut what baby?" Ashton asked and he definitely was not expecting the answer he got.

"My-my l-life li-line"