The coward

I squeezed my eyes shut, the smell of rotten flesh filled my nostrils. The smell of death. This is the last scent I will have, oh joy. I took a big gulp of air. Trying to savior my last breath.

You know what's worst, I can't even scream to let the world know of my tragic death. I have to sit here silently as my body gets ripped to shreds.

A manic laughter began to fill the air. My eyes flew open and I looked up to see the dead man hanging over, his jaw gaping wide as a glob of brown goop oozed out of his rotten mouth.

I jumped back and looked for Gabe. I was surrounded , the dead seemed to have built a wall around me.

Am I already dead? Did I actually even open my eyes. Or was my throat ripped out before I even knew it.

I looked around with wild eyes, am I dead? Am I dead?

I don't know, I don't know. Oh god I don't know.

"ECHO!" Some one was screaming my name but I didn't recognize the voice. Everything was discombobulated, I began to hyper ventilate. My eyes darted around looking at the dead surrounding me. It seemed as though they all had a smile stretched across their decaying and raw lips.

fooooooooood, they began to cackle, that's the best I could describe it. I covered my ears. I must not be dead. I-I can't be dead, you can't be afraid when you are already dead.

"ECHO!!!!" That voice broke through the cackles.

Suddenly a head landed in my lap, detached from its original body. It snapped at my thighs. The skin was tattered and brow goop was seeping from it. Quickly I smashed it onto the ground and got up. The dead lunged grabbing hold of my and snapping at me. I pulled my arm. Using my strength against them and barreling the dead into each other. I will not die. I will not!

I jumped back. I could feel blood running down my arm. I've been scratched, my breath caught. I spun around. Some dead women held onto my hair and screamed, I squeezed my eyes shut my face scrunching as brown goop splattered across my face. She grabbed my bleeding arm greedily bringing it to what used to be lips. Now the flesh just clung there by a string threatening to fall at any second. She had only one eye in the socket the other one hung there disgustingly slapping against he rotten cheek with every move she made. I wretched my arm away from her grip. Her nails clung to the skin pulling down. Bright red dots flashed across my field of vision. The pain was excruciating burning throughout my whole body. I fell to the ground and began to heave. I could feel my eyes bugging out.

The dead lunged at me again. All clawing at the weak prey I was.

I was alone.

Gabe abounded me, he left. That sudden realization made it easier to give up. I let my body go limp. I can't win. I will die. I am alone.

I closed my eyes feeling a zombie grabbing my finger and licking it. I shivered, my heart started racing wildly. One of the zombies brushed back my Snow White hair.

Don't open you eyes. I told myself, my throat went dry and I felt the contains of my stomach empty itself. I tried to roll over, to not choke on my own vile stomach acid. The dead held me down.

Oh gross. I thought to myself. One of the dead dragged its crusted dry tongue across my cheek lapping up my vomit.

I cringed, this was the worst moment of my life. I was abandoned and about to be eaten by zombies. The only smell I have right now is the over powering stench of burnt flesh and decaying corpses.

What was taking so long? I could still feel boney fingers wrapped around my wrist and ankles but nothing more. I slowly opened one eye only to see the dead looking in the other direction.