Ch. 18-baby girl

Here's chapter 18!

~*~*~

When I regained my memory, I was holding a baby in my arms.

"Look, the new mom is finally awake." I heard someone whisper, but I couldn't tell who. It was male, though.

"The baby looks so much like her and her husband. It's cute." A female voice returned in a hushed tone. I opened my eyes to see a white room. This wasn't the one I was in before...

"She's being observant, that's good." The male spoke again.

"Oh no, the baby is going to get hungry soon. Better give her some food for her." The female pointed out. Her? Is this my child? I looked down to see a baby wrapped in a pink silk blanket. The infant had a few wisps of black and green hair, like mine.

"Good. She noticed the child's presence." The male returned, once again. I stood up with my baby in my arms and looked around. I was in some sort of observation room.

"Who are you and what are you doing to me?!" I shouted, demanding answers.

"Calm down, you'll wake your child!" The female almost shouted. A door on the other side of the room opened and the other me walked out, holding a child that looked like mine.

"Here's your baby food. The little girl is gonna be hungry soon." The bitterly spat. She sat a bottle of milk down on the table and left with the blue bundle. I guess that she has a son. I fed my baby and looked around a bit. The walls were made of tinted glass, the floors made of steel, and the ceiling made of glowstone.

"Why am I here?" I asked, calmer this time.

"Experiments, my dear. You are unique, we need you." The male, whom I can now say is BH, responded

"Why, why do you need me? I just want to go home and rest." I whined, trying not to wake my sleeping child.

"After the tests, Lexis. After the tests." He quietly gave me an answer.

"Well, if I'm gonna be here, I want to know your names." I demanded, my voice still quiet.

"Brine and Alex." They responded in sync. I guess that was expected, I mean, they are the other halves to mine and Hero's souls. I sighed and sat down on an iron chair that sat in the middle of the room.

"Could I at least know my baby's name? Or did you guys take me before we could name her?" I asked, looking down at the pink bundle.

"You haven't name her, yet. We got you while the others were out in the hall, waiting for you to wake up." Alex said, walking into the room. I glared at her as she sat on another iron chair.

"Does... Does Herobrine know that I'm gone...?" I asked, a tear falling from my eye.

"Hopefully not, we'll be done soon, as well." She gave me a genuine smile, trying to reassure me. The blue bundle in her arms moved, causing the blanket to fall off of the infant's head. The baby had medium dark brown hair, which is really all I could see.

"What's your child's name?" I asked, looking down at my own.

"That depends on what you name her, really. My kid is kinda yours, too, if you think about it. I'm the other half of your soul, Brine I the other half of Hero's, it's really hard to tell in this world." She gave me a smile. Speaking of different worlds, I wonder how the real world is doing...

~*Lexis' Mom's POV*~

I sighed, thinking of my daughter. I wonder how she is...

"You still upset, mom?" My oldest asked, I turned and hugged her.

"Yeah, I am. But she's happy now, right? She's married, has great friends, she's in the video game that she obsessed over. What could have gone wrong?" I gave a weak smile. Just then, I heard the doorbell ring.

"Coming." I called an walked towards the door. What I saw shocked me.

(I was gonna end it there, lol)

Lexis' husband was standing at the door, but he didn't look the same as he did the last time I saw him. He looked much older.

"Mrs. Smith? Could I please come inside? It's concerning your daughter." He called from the outside. I unlocked the door and pulled him inside.

"What happened? Is she okay?" I asked, he just looked at me with sorrow.

"I... I'm sorry, Mrs. Smith, Lexis went missing..." A tear spilled from one of his eyes and I couldn't help but hug him. I mean, he's my son-in-law!

"Where'd you last see her?" I asked, letting go. I saw shame and embarrassment on his face.

"S-she was... Um... G-giving b-birth..." He said slowly.

"D-don't worry, s-she's 18 now!" He raised his arms up in defense. I just starred at him in shock. He got my youngest daughter PREGNANT and she went missing during BIRTH.

"Just... I'll help, what do I need to do?" I asked with a stern face. My emotions were completely jumbled and Jess, my oldest daughter, was standing there with her jaw hanging open. I'm not sure if it was because of how Herobrine looked, or the fact that he got her sister pregnant.

"I'll explain once we get to the hospital where it happened. Would you mind coming back to our realm?" He replied, I nodded and we were off.