Chapter 5

Blaire watched Jeff pull the trigger and quickly closed his eyes, putting both hands up to his ears.

Right when he closed his eyes, he heard the gunshot. He heard Mr. Devlin yell, "You monster! How could you kill him?!"

"Open your eyes, Blaire," Jayden says. "We need to see what's going on."

Blaire opens his eyes. He's greeted with Pete's body lying on the floor with a hole in the back of his head where the bullet hit him. Mr. Devlin was running towards Jeff, his eyes filled with rage, with his hands outstretched, probably to strangle him if he could reach Jeff.

Before Mr. Devlin can get more than 3 feet, Jeff is already pointing the gun at him. He pulls the trigger, releasing the loud gunshot that comes with it. Blaire watches Mr. Devlin's lifeless body fall to the floor, a little pool of blood starting to form around his torso, probably where the bullet hit him.

Blaire looked over at Jeff to see him motioning with his hands for Blaire to follow him. Blaire goes over to him and walks out into the common room.

They were met with more guards and the sound of people running away. Blaire counted 5 of them. The guards already had their guns drawn, probably because they heard gunshots coming from the room they just exited.

Blaire instinctively put his hands up, but Jeff wasn't going to give up so soon. He was already aiming at one of the guards, and was going for the trigger. The guards noticed this and one of them took a shot at Jeff. The bullet hit his left leg, which made him fling the gun up and land by one of the guards.

But Jeff wasn't done. Using his uninjured leg, he lept from where he was standing and tackled the guard on the very left. All of the other guards were on him in a flash of motion, and after a couple seconds of struggling, they had him restrained.

"Go put that guy over there in cuffs, too," a guard said.

One of them came over and put Blaire in handcuffs. He didn't resist much, but didn't like the idea of having handcuffs on him.

That same buzzing sound came back to him, but this time it was a much more intense sound. It sounded as though his eardrums would burst if he heard this sound for too long. After a couple of seconds of hearing this new intensified buzzing sound, Blaire falls over unconscious.