10

The place we were in was vast and dark. There was absolutely no noise other than her voice.

"Greetings, (Y/n). Good job at preventing me from killing the loser skeleton. Also, you did an amazing job at exhausting your determination in the process. Your lucky your friends knew how to save you. Imagine if they didn't. Seems now you and smiley are joined at the hip. Well for now, atleast. You goal is to reach the surface. See, that makes what I want to do so much easier because there's much more targets out there. Sansy can't be next to you literally every second for the rest of your life and when he's not I'll be there. I'll take away everything over and over again until I have what I want. This whole shenanigan is only going to stall my plans. It won't stop them. I'm not going anywhere. I can go outside. Please, take me there." Chara said slowly before laughing and disappearing.

My eyes sprung open. I saw the burgundy walls in Sans room and the tension lifted from my shoulders. Sans was still deeply asleep. I carefully removed his arm from my hip and crept off the bed. I tiptoed to the bathroom where I freshened up and changed to a warmer outfit. After putting on my brown boots I sneakily exited the room and went down stairs. Papyrus wasn't home so I dashed for the door and went outside.

I wasn't too worried about being out right now. I wasn't heading anywhere where I would encounter anyone hostile for Chara to murder. I walked towards the lake. The riverman wasn't here. Good, I didn't want anyone to see us right now.

"Flowey, come out." I called and waited for him to make his appearance.

"I know you're here. Come out stalker." I said, calling the malicious flower once again.

After a minute Flowey comes out the ground in front of me. He wore a cocky grin on his face.

"Howdy. You called?" He said without much interest. His apathy was already irritating me.

"Can Chara come to the surface inside of me?" I asked with a shaky voice, afraid of the answer.

"With a host she shouldn't have any problems." Flowey answered.

God dammit. Everything I was working for. None of this would even matter if I made it to the surface with her still inside me. I cupped my face in my hands and muffled out my frustrated scream. I noticed the evil prick smile. I bent down and grabbed him by the stem before he had the chance to go back in the ground.

"There's a way of stopping her isn't there?" I asked the flower in my hand.

"Maybe, if you let go of me I might tell you." He said with discomfort.

I let go of the of the cursed flower and his cocky grin returned on his face. Flowey changed his tone of voice to a deeper more demonic one when he spoke.

"You have to die." He said dead serious.

"What?" I asked confused.

"You have to die permanently. No more resets." Flowey said.

"Is that even possible, I reset or go back whenever I die." I asked completely dumbfounded by what he was telling me.

"That's because you are determined. Me and you have a thing called determination. Chara can only possess humans that are determined. Erase yourself and Chara goes back to her big dark void." Flowey said benevolently.

'Don't listen to the talking petals. If you die poor Sansy would be devastated. All the friends you have made will be heartbroken. You wouldn't want to leave all of them alone and stuck here now would you?' Chara said inside my head

If Chara was telling me this then what Flowey said must be true. If I die then she won't be able to go outside, but then all the monsters will stay stuck underground forever. She doesn't want me to know this. I blocked out Chara's voice from my thoughts, something I learned a couple of timelines ago.

"How would I even get rid of my determination?" I asked considering the idea.

"That's easy. You've exhausted it before. You're only missing one step." Flowey said as his face contorted to a large vicious smile.

"What am I missing?" I asked.

"You must experience TRUE DESPAIR!" Flowey said before laughing cynically and then sunk back in the ground.

"What the hell?" I said before being cut off by my skeleton boyfriend.

"Whatcha doing out here?" Sans asked curiously.

"Hey, babe. I was just out for fresh air." I answered trying to sound convincing.

"You have to talk to yourself for that?" Sans asked bewildered.

"I... I was just thinking out loud." I said.

Telling him that I was talking to Flowey was out of the question. Sans hated Flowey enough as is. Also I have to think about what Flowey told me. Sans would freak if he knew I was considering suicide to save everyone right now.

"Huh... Weirdo. Anyway, shall we go get some breakfast at Grillby's?" Sans said taking my hand.

"Yea, sounds great." I said walking hand in hand with Sans to Grillby's.

I continued thinking about what Flowey said. His words ran through my head a million seconds an hour. True despair, what could he possibly mean by that?

...........................................................................................................................

:) Thanks for reading!