16

Sans knocked on the door. The door was opened by a tall boss monster with a blonde mane and beard, and too large curved horns.

"Welcome guests. Come in. The golden flower is already waiting inside." Asgore said opening the door for us.

The house looked like an exact replica of Toriel's home. The main difference was that the basement had a chain with two locks on it.

"Howdy, human. It's a pleasure to meet you. I imagine that if it were not for sentinel Sans, our meeting circumstances would have been a lot different...." The tall boss monster said shaking my hand.

"You have no idea." I replied.

He led us over to his living room. Flowey was on the table in a coffee pot next to a regular golden flower. He looked annoyed to be in that pot but seeing all the flowers in the house, Asgore probably ran out of regular pots.

"Would anyone like a cup of tea, perhaps?" Asgore asked

"No thanks." I answered and Sans shook his head.

We all took a seat at the table around Flowey who is at the center.

"Sans has explained to me the situation over the phone this morning and I have been made aware of the incident yesterday afternoon. Flowey has also given me more information. Human I think it's only fair that you tell me your experience before we move any further here. You are the one she is possessing" Asgore said.

"Oh okay. Well.." I told Asgore everything that was necessary. I told him about being possessed by Chara and my body moving to kill monsters against my will. I also told him about the dreams where Chara will speak to me and even about Frisk.

"I see. You went through so much just to keep us safe. Thank you for that." Asgore said with a patient smile.

"We believe that Chara can be stopped through another method. Using the human souls you have collected and my soul a monster can become powerful enough to engage in a fight with her, possibly even killing her." I said in an unwavering tone. It was important I believe in myself and this plan.

"You are really willing to give up your soul for this human?" Asgore asked.

"Yes." I answered confidently in my decision.

"Temporarily, of course. I will let go of all the souls afterwards." Sans chimed in.

"Yes, I see." Asgore said.

"Ahem... I would like to point out that according to Frisk I have done this before and in one of those timelines using human and monster souls, I became a god." Flowey stated in a pretentious tone.

"I don't think Flowey is the most trustable person with the souls..." Sans said annoyed.

"Whether he's trustable or not neither Flowey nor Asgore can actually kill Chara." I stated.

"What?!" Flowey angrily said.

"Please, explain." Asgore spoke.

"Well, according to the true eighth human your hearts and emotions will get in your way and prevent you from hurting Chara." I explained.

"What an idiot. I don't even have a soul. I can't feel anything!" Flowey angrily shouted.

"You memories are still from Asriel, her best friend. You told me yourself, you used to trust her. We only have one try at this." I said causing flowey to sink deeper in his pot.

"Asgore... I don't believe you will be able to kill your adoptive daughter." I told the King.

Flowey seemed to accept the reality and Asgore nodded in agreement. They both looked over to Sans.

"Sentinel Sans, It seems you are the one who should bring judgement on Chara's soul." Asgore said in a serious tone.

"I understand." Sans said with a nod.

"Let's get to it then. No hesitating." Asgore said standing up from the table.

We all stood up and I grabbed the pot with Flowey inside. We went over to the stairs where Asgore unlocked the chain blocking the way. We made our way through the hallway till we made it to Judgment Hall. Sans stopped in front of everyone.

"Here, the fight will be here." Sans said.

"Very well, I will fetch the souls." Asgore said going on ahead.

Sans looked a bit nervous. I put Flowey down and walked over to Sans.

"Hey, it'll be okay. I'm going to be there with you the whole time." I said grabbing on to his bony hand.

Sans gave me a sweet smile and I booped my lips on his teeth.

"Awwww!!" Said a sweet goat mom like voice.

I turned around and saw Toriel and all my other friends.

"What are you guys doing here?" I asked them.

"FLOWEY TOLD ME TO GATHER EVERYONE HERE." Papyrus said.

"Sans called me this morning and told me about everything. My child, I have missed you dearly." Toriel said as she walked up to me and embraced me in a warm hug.

"Toriel...." Asgore said when he returned into the room carrying the souls.

Toriel rolled her eyes when she saw him. There was a lot of tension there.

"We should get a move on. Everyone knows why they're here right." Flowey said.

"Yep, and we're all ready. Everyone here has given their consent to allow you to use our souls for the battle." Undyne said stepping forward.

Everyone stepped forward. The courage and faith in everyone brought tears to my eyes and filled me with determination.

"Thank you everyone. We'll stop Chara no matter what." I said wiping my wet eyes.

"Shall we begin?" Sans said walking up behind me and grabbing my hand.

"Yes." I answered.

With that Asgore let go of the souls which began to surround Sans. The souls each glowed their individual colors. As Sans absorbed the six souls both of his eyes glowed, changing color accordingly to the individual soul that entered him.

After he finished absorbing the seven human souls he took in all the monster souls. The white souls were funneling around him as he absorbed them too.

Then there was just me left. Sans left eye had a raging blue flame inside. His expression, it was the same one I've seen before in this very place. It doesn't scare me though because that look is for Chara this time. She was here, I could tell because Sans eyes were looking right next to me. He could see her now.

Sans looked at me and pressed his teeth against my lips. I felt as I exited my body and was absorbed by him. This is where it starts.

............................................................................................

Yay! We're getting to the fun part!  From the looks of things this fic is only going to be about 19 or 20 chapters long. I hope you're enjoying the story so far! Thank you for reading!