Prologue

I gripped the handle above the seat tighter as his hands gripped the wheel tighter. "Get back into your lane!" I screeched. He shot me a glance out of the corner of his eye; he looked amused! The headlights of the 18-wheeler grew bigger as we plunged towards it. Everything around me felt surreal. There was nothing I could do to stop the situation. I squeezed my eyes shut and screamed as the big truck's honks blared through my ears.
    I heard tires screeching and I felt the car swerve with a jolt. My eyes opened as my mouth gasped for air. We were back on the right lane, the only thing in sight was the bright yellow line illuminated by our cars headlights.
"Fuck you!" I hollered as my face grew hot from anger.
    A smirk curled around his nice lips. "Stop the car now! Let me out!" I continued. A millisecond after I said that, the car abruptly stopped, almost sending me flying out of my seat, even with a seatbelt tightly around me. I quickly unfastened the belt and pushed the door open. I had a massive head ache, and his amusement only made it worse.
    I slipped my phone out of the back pocket of my skinny jeans and looked at the clock; 2:03 AM. We were in the middle of a small town known as Oakwood, a population of around only 7,500 citizens. My house wasn't too far from the center of town, and I wasn't about to let him drive me home.
    "Damn, just get in the car." He barked, and I jumped at his sudden burst of sound. I gave him a death glare and shot him my middle finger.
    I slammed the car door for emphasis and stormed off toward the empty street, and stood right in front of his car; his oh-so-important Lamborghini.
Yeah, it's really expensive, but nothing his family can't buy three more of. My glaring eyes challenged him as he veered the engine. A smirk escaped my lips.
      I slammed my foot into his left headlight. My foot pulsed with pain as I heard a furious muffled sentence of curse words coming from inside the car. The door flung open as he got out. "What the hell!" The boy roared. The headlight was shattered, much to my amusement since he thought it was okay to almost kill me like that.
    His body towered over me, it was intimidating, but I stood my ground... On my tip-toes. I leaned close to his ear, "Don't fuck with a girl you can't handle, Brandon Lane." I spoke harshly. And with that, I stormed off.

Guys I'm legit excited about this. The cover picture is the character Brandon Aaron Lane (Fransico Lachowski) , and the girl is the character Mackenzie Fields (Babara Palvin) and the song PILLOWTALK by ZAYN is the theme song for this book. I will put more songs and pictures in chapters but they won't exactly fit in with the chapter but with the entire reason/existence of the book. 😘😽❤️