The Encounter

Have you ever rode a bus to school? If you have, you know how it goes. It's uncomfortable, smelly, and hot. You always have those loud obnoxious, giggling girls, and the loud, jock-like boys. Well, I was in the middle of that.
         I just moved from Houston, Texas to a place in Pennsylvania called Oakwood. It was a small town, with around 7,500 people. It's a big number, but not that high for an entire town. Me and my dad moved here because of work, but I could couldn't give anymore shits about my dad. He's a coward, and I'll leave it at that.
     A boy brought my attention back to reality as he sunk into the seat next to me. He was a typical high school boy, athletic looking, handsome, and cocky. "Hey baby." His voice spilling like honey as he wrapped his arm around my shoulder.
     I pushed him off of me as I scooted farther toward the window. He was attractive with his wavy brown hair, and nice jaw, but I'm not looking for a fuck boy. He smirked, "I'm Garret, where ya from?". I gave a sour smile, "Houston. As in Houston, Texas. And I'm wishing you would leave." I gritted my teeth. "We got a feisty one." Garret said rubbing his chin, checking me out.
      The bus stopped as someone else climbed on. I looked farther down the bus lane to see a thin, tall, stunning blonde girl walking down the aisle. Her face was scrunched up in disgust, everything on her looked designer.    
    Garret turned his head and whistled loudly. "Well if it isn't Cassidy." He said. The girl's eyes darted up and she gave him an icy stare. Her eyes traveled to mine. It seemed as if her whole demeanor lit up. She paced down the aisle to our seat.
    "Need anything?" Garret murmured to her, tracing his finger down her curves. She quickly removed his hand. "Move Garret. This girl doesn't want to have sex with you, so move along." The girl said harshly. Everyone around was whistling and laughing.
     He hesitated, but Garret got up and sat five seats back, a pouty face and his arms crossed. The girl smirked to her amusement and happily sat next to me. "Hi! I'm Cassidy, but you can call me Cassie." She straightened up and gave a dazzling smile. "Oh, I'm Mackenzie- or um just call me Kenzie." I fumbled.
     "Well, you wouldn't normally find me on a shitty bus, but my boyfriend broke up with me in the middle of the ride to school in his car...and just left me there." She muttered, glaring at the back of the seat in front of us. This girl was very open with her personal life, especially for just meeting me.
     I needed to make friends, so I was gonna play along with this. "Poor thing, I'm so sorry." I patted her shoulder, and she titled her head at me, her dazzling blue eyes looking vulnerable, but quickly covered up. "Want to sit with me and my friends at lunch?" She piped up. "Uh sure." I agreed. 

       I finally reached first period; Algebra 3. I carried all my things to a empty seat in the back, only 30 seconds till the tardy bell. The seats were taken up except for the one on the other side of me. I settled in as the short, pudgy teacher calmed the gabbling students.
    "Now that we are ready, Hello! I'm Mr. Falcon." His voice kept going as I saw a moment out of the corner of my eye. There was a boy outside the door, looking in through the small rectangular window. I couldn't quite see his face, considering I was far back and his angle. Two loud knocks sounded through the room as the teacher let him in, and took his tardy pass. "You're late." Mr. Falcon chided.
    The boy bad a nice tall frame from the back, and gorgeous brown hair. He wore a green flannel jacket, and dark jeans. "And you're in my way." The boy muttered, pushing aside the teacher, giving me a glance of his face.

As soon as I saw him, my body boiled

As soon as I saw him, my body boiled. I shifted in my seat, and glared at him. He looked surprised to see me, considering he was mid-step, his mouth hung open. "Young man, take the last seat please." Mr. Falcon scolded, ushering toward the chair next to me.
      The boy restored his composure and walked to his seat, not looking at me. He sat down with a thump and leaned his head back and sighed. I crossed my legs and leaned back in my chair.
      "Brandon." I murmured. He sucked in his breathe as his eyes rolled to the corner of his eyes and stared at me. "Mackenzie." He whispered huskily.
        Oh, what a fun school year to come.