Chapter 6

Now, what I expected when I entered her chamber was a huge courtroom with medieval designs laced with gold, and curtains that shimmer and glimmer as the fabric moved. A graceful yet powerful throne would sit at the end of this long hall. It would have gold embellishments that had precious stones embedded in them, but the seat would be made of a gorgeously soft velvet. So it was not only impressive, but soft enough to sleep in. The throne would hover just a bit, to assert the supremacy of the ruler, signifying that the ruler was higher and above your petty castes. Mirrors would grace the walls with roses that entwined the frame. It would be magical to look at, as well as be in.

What I saw was exactly the same, just a hundred times more beautiful.

Queen Eliza graced her throne and looks at me with her piercing green eyes. Her white - Greek like gown (along with a cape) billowed around her as if there was someone behind me with a fan blowing in her direction. Her hair was up in the most intricate bun with crystals braided in. All these features hit me like sledgehammer once she sat on the throne that was rightly hers.

She said," Ruby, you have a special glint in your..... personality I guess. I know where you are from, and you suspect it too, I am sure. You are from another world, and there is a force that decided you belong here. But first you must prove your worth. You shall journey to the northern region, scale The Mountain, and retrieve what is rightly mine. Adam and Alexia shall accompany you. This is my final word and no questions will be asked. Proceed to the Great Oracle, and receive your prophecy."

We all stood there, awestruck. I fall from the sky for like two seconds and I am just handed such a huge responsibility! Wow. Can the sky just suck me back up? Please?

"Bbbbut, madam-" Alexia stammered.
"We are no adventurers, we are mere healers, looking for ways to make ends meet. You can't expect us to just galavant off on an adventure!"

I admired her courage. But that same courage could have us killed.

"I understand your hopelessness, and you must understand mine. This girl is an outcast, and what has occurred has never happened in the whole history of our kind. According to the ancient laws, she must prove herself, or die trying. Otherwise I will have to take matters into my own hands." Eliza sadly reported.

"But why do they have to accompany me? This is my problem. I should take of this myself, shouldn't I?" I questioned.

Eliza sneered. " I would love to send you off yourself to rot in the cold of The North. But these two have shown you hospitality and considered you as one of their own. So they must accompany you. And they are perfectly aged to ' galavant' off."
At that last statement, she eyed Alexia.

"Now please exit The Great Hall, and proceed to the Oracle. Adam, you know where to advance.... don't you?"
The mistress looked at him with an expression like they were sharing something we didn't know. Alexia seemed to notice this too. She looked uncomfortable.

Adam got over his shock and showed us out of the room.

Time to go rot in cold of The North.

Yay.