Falling Again (A Bobby/Jody Fanfiction)

"What happened here, Bobby?" I ask as she steps through the door.

"What do you mean?" He asks shutting the door behind her.

"I spent hours cleaning this place for you!"

"What's your point?"

"You should try to be neater. What if you decide to have a lady over?"

"I'm too old for ladies."

"So, I'm not a lady?"

"That's not what I mean, Sheriff."

"I've told you to call me Jody, and I know I'm playing with you." I say clearing off a chair.

Bobby sits down across from me. He picks up his flask and takes a drink, and offers it to me. I shake my head no. He shrugs and puts it back down.

"What are you here for Jody?"

"Dean asked me to check on you."

"Dean wants somebody to check on me? If it wasn't for me those idjits wouldn't be alive."

"I know, but I owe him a favor."

He sighs and shakes his head. I stand up and start collecting the empty bottles.

"What are you doing?"

"If you're not going to cash in on recycling these, I am." I dump all of the bottles I have in my hands into a garbage bag and continue gathering bottles and cans. I walk into the library-ish part of his house were most of the bottles are. I notice a small box sitting on the top self, slightly hidden by books.

"What's that?" I ask Bobby, he follows my gaze. He swallows hard, and cleared his throat.

"Nothin'"

"Yeah, and I'm a Winchester..."

"You don't need to worry about it, it's nothing."

I started to say something but the phone rings.

"Speaking of Winchester, those idjits are always getting into trouble."

Bobby walks out from the room, throwing another glance at me over his shoulder. As soon as he's out of my sight I grab the box from the self. It's a small gold colored box; it looks like a jewelry box. Curiosity got the best of me, I slowly opened the box. I was right it was a jewelry box; it was full of necklaces, bracelets, and rings. I was about to put the box back figuring people he saved had given him it as a thank you. Then something caught my eye, in the corner was a ring box, I pulled it out and popped open the top. In it was a beautiful wedding ring. I couldn't help but just stare at it, realizing it was his wives.

"I bet your wondering why I kept my dead wife's jewelry."

I spun around to face Bobby.

"Oh, Bobby!" I say embarrassed, I can tell my face is bright red.

"That is what your wondering... isn't it?"

"No, I'm not. I still have my husband ring." He takes the ring from me and puts it and the other jewelry back on the self. I pull my necklace that holds my husbands ring, and my mothers ring out from underneath my shirt. He looks at them and then back at me.

"I know why you kept her things, it's hard to let go."

He nods and looks me in the eye.

"Sit down please." He nods to the couch behind me.

"Why?" I say sitting down.

"I'm going to tell you what happened that night."

"You don't have to."

"I want to."

***

We're both crying by the time he's done. We just look at each other, not talking. I don't know how long we do this, but after what seems like hours he finally speaks.

"Thank you."

"For what?" I ask, clearing my throat.

"Listening, most people would have run out screaming."

"Not me, I'm glad you told me."

"Me too, I've never told anyone except the boys. I trust you."

"I trust you too."

He chuckles, "That one reason I love you."

My head whips to the side to look at him, his eyes are wide and his mouth open in shock.

"You what??"

"Nothing, just nothing!"

"You just told me you loved me!! That is not nothing!!" I stand up and take a few steps back.

"I realize that..." He stands also, and takes a step towards me.

"Why would you say that??"

"I don't know!!"

"You don't know?! That's not an answer, you wouldn't have said it unless-" He cut me off by kissing me. My arms instantly wrapped around his neck, and his arm held me by the waist. His lips were warm, and soft. My mind started working again when he pulled away.

"I wouldn't have said it if it wasn't true."

"Okay" Is all I say and kiss him again.

Author's Note!

This Story is only slightly edit, pleas feel free to point out my mistkes!

My other fanfictions can be found at Fanfiction.net, at Daddeezgirl!